Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Has anyone pimped their (450h) ride?

I'm a fan of hydro dipping on interior trims, really love my carbon fiber stuff. If you have interior wood trims I feel some nice hydro tipping can really modernise and lift an interior

• Like 2

Yes, I was tempted initially to do something with the wooden trim. But you know what, I've quite grown to like it ! Pass me my slippers would you...

• Like 2

Just now, Farqui said:

Yes, I was tempted initially to do something with the wooden trim. But you know what, I've quite grown to like it !

Must be your age mate :yes:, you sure you don't fancy a Rover 75 for your next car?

• Like 1

Dang, you've guessed what my 'long term' project is already!

So to keep up with the in crowd I need to dip my bits...rightyo, duly noted.

I wouldn't mind you know, I've been watching trim sets in eBay for a while :wink3:

How much do you reckon it'd be (roughly) to dip the 4 door trims and the center console?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Farqui said:

Dang, you've guessed what my 'long term' project is already!

So to keep up with the in crowd I need to dip my bits.

Rightyo, noted.

I wouldn't mind you know, I've been watching trim sets in eBay for a while emoji6.png

How much do you reckon it'd be (roughly) to dip the 4 door trims and the center console?

Upload some pics mate, but somewhere in the region of £200 - 300 very roughly from what you said.

Interesting, why'd he stop?

I presume he's up your way and not local to moi?

Or maybe I could source some different coloured trim, there's a darker factory option...

6 minutes ago, Farqui said:

Interesting, why'd he stop?

I presume he's up your way and not local to moi?

Or maybe I could source some different coloured trim, there's a darker factory option...

Personal family problems and space I believe.

No hes nowhere near me I sent the stuff to him, the guy I got to do the other bits is local too me but doesn't really want to do it anymore

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Farqui said:

Is the hydro dipped finish durable?

How are yours holding up?

Very durable I haven't actually ever done anything too it that would damage but it still looks brand new and would take plenty of bumps and bangs.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Farqui said:

@lockeyboy, i guess you'll be keen to hydro dip the wooden interior bits'n'bobets?

I quite fancy a set of DRL's but can't find any aftermarket options that I like/look OEM.  

I thought I saw an LED DRL/fog light option in Japan yesterday but I can't seem to find it today :wacko:

Now then, an online manual I have to hand states that DRL's run off of the headlights at reduced intensity - extract;

"Daytime running light system
To make your vehicle more visible to other drivers, the headlights turn on automatically (at a reduced intensity) whenever the hybrid system is started and the parking brake is released. Daytime running lights are not designed for use at night."

That's not the way my car work, so I read on...and it's a programmable option from the dealer.  

Has anyone else set this within their Techstream / via a dealer to get DLR headlights enabled on their GS?

Automatic light control system, Daytime running light ON OFF*

If this work on UK cars, then it looks like another reason to grab my own Techstream (the other being the preset number of indicator flashes when changing lanes).

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Farqui said:

Now then, an online manual I have to hand states that DRL's run off of the headlights at reduced intensity - extract;

"Daytime running light system
To make your vehicle more visible to other drivers, the headlights turn on automatically (at a reduced intensity) whenever the hybrid system is started and the parking brake is released. Daytime running lights are not designed for use at night."

That's not the way my car work, so I read on...and it's a programmable option from the dealer.  

Has anyone else set this within their Techstream / via a dealer to get DLR headlights enabled on their GS?

Automatic light control system, Daytime running light ON OFF*

If this work on UK cars, then it looks like another reason to grab my own Techstream (the other being the preset number of indicator flashes when changing lanes).

Get one bought mate and report back I need to get one picked up myself but think people may be having issues running it on newer operating systems, think I have an old notebook somewhere in the loft running XP!

I've seen a few FS that claim to run on the later Windows OS. I recall they were about £40 instead of £20 for the XP era option, will take another look...

6 minutes ago, Farqui said:

I've seen a few FS that claim to run on the later Windows OS. I recall they were about £40 instead of £20 for the XP era option, will take another look...

Probably worth the extra to not have to mess about with old Operating Systems or VM unless you already have an old machine setup

• Like 1

If Techstream can be made to work on Windows 7 or Windows 10 and it's only 40 quid I'm keen.  The other car in my household is a 2010 Toyota Prius, so I could thoroughly mess up the settings on both the cars with only one computer!  Hurrah! :)

• Like 3

Just now, Odysseus said:

If Techstream can be made to work on Windows 7 or Windows 10 and it's only 40 quid I'm keen.  The other car in my household is a 2010 Toyota Prius, so I could thoroughly mess up the settings on both the cars with only one computer!  Hurrah! :)

Agreed if someone can get it running on Windows 10 I will be purchasing one, I know how far behind manufacturers are with getting their software on the latest OS though, VW were still using XP for their VAS machines right up until it was discontinued and got ODIS out for windows 7 just in time.

• Like 1

Found a few pics of Bigniks & a bit of info on wheel choice,sizes

https://www.flickr.com/photos/152439098@N03/

http://community.vipstylecars.com/index.php?threads/bigniks-gs450h.40735/

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

http://s129.photobucket.com/user/bigniks_photos/library/?sort=3&page=1

1 hour ago, Odysseus said:

I spotted this video on YouTube. The colour scheme of the car isn't to my tastes but the wheels look nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They either are or are based on the gs300 sport wheels aren't they? Very nice.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links