Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS 450H my first Lexus

Farqui

43 minutes ago, Neil E said:

Any plans to change the bodywork?

Image result for Lexus GS430 custom wheels

I've seen a few with kits but how good does this look? 

Oh my word that looks fantastic! I need to stop following this topic there's going to be an IS250 F Sport up for sale very soon otherwise!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dougie175 said:

Oh my word that looks fantastic! I need to stop following this topic there's going to be an IS250 F Sport up for sale very soon otherwise!

I'm not a lover of modded cars, mainly because most of them look so bad but the above is also bad but in another diredtion. That is just amazing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bluesman said:

I'm not a lover of modded cars, mainly because most of them look so bad but the above is also bad but in another diredtion. That is just amazing.

Yes, it's stunning but subtle and it's a beautifully composed picture. The front lip really works.

I'm sure im very much in a minority with this but the wheels are actually the only bit i don't like. Think they look very aftermarket on a very OEM looking setup. 

Lovely wheels don't get me wrong but not I  this scenario. Just my opinion though

Just now, dougie175 said:

I'm sure im very much in a minority with this but the wheels are actually the only bit i don't like. Think they look very aftermarket on a very OEM looking setup. 

Lovely wheels don't get me wrong but not I  this scenario. Just my opinion though

Good to have an opinion. They may be going out of fashion now but I'm with John on the wheels I think they look right..

That GS needs a 5 litre engine to go with the look. Shame they didn't commission the GSF a few years earlier.

• Like 2

Excellent write up Lee! Well done, it looks smashing. Looking forward to more in this thread into the future :smile:

Leaning toward a GS myself. Was considering 4th generation but seeing this is making me think! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Monocle said:

Excellent write up Lee! Well done, it looks smashing. Looking forward to more in this thread into the future :smile:

Leaning toward a GS myself. Was considering 4th generation but seeing this is making me think! 

Yes, it does look a very nice car. Reviewing some of the work done in the US, I'm beginning to think I should have bought a GS460 when I had the chance. 

• Like 3

Thanks chaps, I'm pleased with my sleeper and her split personality.

I've a few tasks and materials lined up, so keep an eye out for more updates.

• Like 1

@lockeyboy, alas no as we've had pals visiting and been grand daughter sitting this weekend.

I've a new lance and snow foam to try too.

Will endeavour to get stuck in to 'em this week, weather permitting.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Diesel Do Nicely Brian said:

Indeed I did. All the (far too many details) are in the thread :smile:

Can you remember the cost at all? I've had two quotes so far £351 from derby and £398 from Stoke (excluding discount) for a second key.

i don't think it's exclusively lexus who can provide but the locksmith id lined up failed to turn up on Monday 

Hopefully be useful for other owners over the years too.

Will be updated tonight as spent quite a bit of time working on rustproofing, repairing and cleaning up the exhaust, as well as a bit of painting to keep it going for a while yet :yes:

• Like 1

Yes i also enjoyed reading through those threads yesterday as i am looking for a Gs450H and there is some great information on there.As people say it would be great if it could be put on here.

Also great to hear that the Gold members discounts are working well as i have just got a nice discount on the big 60,000 mile service due next week.