Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS 450H my first Lexus

Farqui

Eamonn @Eame64, thanks.  It's good place to post useful info and keep a sort of vehicle log.

Even tho I paid up for Gold membership and it was express delivered (thanks to the site Admin) I found that my local dealer offered me a slightly better discount on it's service :wacko:  So with different dealers YMMV.

Good luck hunting down your own GS 450H, are you looking for a particular spec/colour?

49 minutes ago, Farqui said:

FYI: my '08 SE reversing camera doesn't have reversing guidelines.

It seems that Lexus dropped this option briefly and then reinstated it #sigh

Reference; http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/112826-gs450h-reversing-camera-view/

If it makes you feel better I don't use mine?:wink3:

• Like 1

On 10/08/2017 at 11:00 AM, Farqui said:

FYI: my '08 SE reversing camera doesn't have reversing guidelines.

It seems that Lexus dropped this option briefly and then reinstated it #sigh

Reference; http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/112826-gs450h-reversing-camera-view/

On 10/08/2017 at 11:50 AM, lockeyboy said:

If it makes you feel worse I love mine and use it every night to park bob on hehe

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Farqui said:

Eamonn @Eame64, thanks.  It's good place to post useful info and keep a sort of vehicle log.

Even tho I paid up for Gold membership and it was express delivered (thanks to the site Admin) I found that my local dealer offered me a slightly better discount on it's service :wacko:  So with different dealers YMMV.

Good luck hunting down your own GS 450H, are you looking for a particular spec/colour?

Yes Lee i'm looking for either silver,dark blue or grey with the lighter coloured leather interior and the piano black trim and it must have a sunroof.as you well know they stopped putting the sunroofs as standard in  after 2006 or so and that makes it a bit more difficult to find.

i have found a few but lack of service history and not up to scratch condition wise have not been for me.i;m not in a rush and am happy to wait as long as it takes to find the right one.I was considering a GS430 which are even rarer to find as i have never owned a V8 but now have decided to just concentrate on the GS450H.

36 minutes ago, lockeyboy said:

Ah yes, that works for me :tongue:

33 minutes ago, dougie175 said:

If it makes you feel worse I love mind and use it every night to park bob on hehe

Pfft, thanks :wallbash:

I'll continue to use the dipping mirrors and parking sensors then and park askew as often as possible :tongue:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Farqui said:

Ah yes, that works for me :tongue:

Pfft, thanks :wallbash:

I'll continue to use the dipping mirrors and parking sensors then and park askew as often as possible :tongue:

hehe we can match you with the IS on the parking sensor but think only my rear view mirror dips not the door mirrors

4 minutes ago, Eame64 said:

Yes Lee i'm looking for either silver,dark blue or grey with the lighter coloured leather interior and the piano black trim and it must have a sunroof.as you well know they stopped putting the sunroofs as standard in  after 2006 or so and that makes it a bit more difficult to find.

i have found a few but lack of service history and not up to scratch condition wise have not been for me.i;m not in a rush and am happy to wait as long as it takes to find the right one.I was considering a GS430 which are even rarer to find as i have never owned a V8 but now have decided to just concentrate on the GS450H.

Keep in mind that the GS 450H wasn't available in large production batches, so a long and specific list of requirements it likely to need a very looooong wait.  I think we all start out with our grand wish list but I for one find trawling around looking at cars tiresome. Sure the internet helps but eventually I have to admit what's available, make the best decision I can and buy one. Then it's all about enjoying your new ride, now that's the fun part :yahoo:

I hope you find the right car for you tho, happy hunting.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Eame64 said:

At your service Sir !

Regards

John

http://www.mosesgatecarsales.co.uk/used-cars?type=Car&make=LEXUS&model=GS+450H&MinPrice=&MaxPrice=

Yes those GS450H's have been there for quite a while now but they are not my colour,they even have a nice couple of 430's too.i have contacted Moses gate cars a while ago and gave them my requirements and they said they would contact me when they get one in.

Thanks very much for the link though.

Had pals visit for the weekend and their pah tagged along who was keen to go for a ride in the GS :thumbup1:

He has a mobility scooter which none of us thought would fit in the boot but to our amazement it went in quite easily!

Anything we bought whilst we were out, had to go inside the cabin tho :tongue:

Arthers scooter.jpg

Arthers scooter in Lexus boot.jpg

Excuse the dirty car, I washed it the next day...honest. Along with their car which took some cleaning and machine polishing to get the Seagull poop off the roof, I've never seen such a mess :surprise:

• Like 3

Indeedy, we were quite surprised it went in.

Sure, I'll snap one over lunch.

The GS 450H is spec'd at 280 litres, what's your IS?

Is the GS much wider than an IS? - GS width 1820mm

• Like 1

Whilst in the 'trunk' I figured it was about time I finally showed the boot net.

It sits deep inside (forward portion of) the boot so doesn't block the opening but you still have easy access to bits'n'bobs when other things are in the boot.  We find it quite handy.

e0796d1f2270a6e78d611352cb1fae4e.jpgf08b5f54643405ebc152c20a42427042.jpg

• Like 1

Right I get it, its very similar width and such, but the bit I struggle using on the IS is blocked off with lots of Hybrid Battery gubbins on yours. In fairness for usable space although quite a lot smaller probably wouldn't make too much of a difference, not sure I could get the pram in there though!

• Like 1

You are probably right she wanted so fancy pants I-Candy thing!

Once Imogen gets a bit bigger she can go in 1 of those cheap as chips tiny fold away prams, but the boss is already talking about having another 1 and as I don't get much of a say in these matters think I will need to make sure I have enough room for a pram and a travel system in the next couple of years!

• Like 1

We all know the score buddy, 'she who must be obeyed' always wins.

We recently stumped up for one of the fancy prams and by golly they ain't cheap.

• Like 1

Just now, Farqui said:

We all know the score buddy, 'she who must be obeyed' always wins.

We recently stumped up for one of the fancy prams and by golly they ain't cheap.

Scary expensive! About the cost of my first couple of cars values added together!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Found a neat feature on my GS today...parked up, closed the door and manually pushed in the wing mirror. On my return I forgot to pull out the mirror. When I started up the car, it automatically rotated the wing mirror back to the normal position. Clever Lexus.

• Like 3

Yes it's neat that the sensors return it to the set position, Lexus have always been clever with mirrors. I wish they would bring back the ultrasonic door mirrors used in the V8 Soarers. Cleaned the raindrops away in a matter of seconds.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Farqui said:

Ah okay, this 'feature' is new to me

There are just so many settings and hidden features with these cars. I'm sure I didn't use them all on the GS430.  

• Like 1