AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Farqui

GS 450H my first Lexus

On 14/08/2017 at 1:50 PM, dougie175 said:

Scary expensive! About the cost of my first couple of cars values added together!

This is the next step after prams. The LEXX TRIKE.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Premium-Lexx-Trike-Tricycle-Inflatable/dp/B01N8Q389E/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1489603782&sr=8-18&keywords=Lexus&tag=autoclubinte-21

Bod

On 8/14/2017 at 11:20 AM, Farqui said:

Had pals visit for the weekend and their pah tagged along who was keen to go for a ride in the GS :thumbup1:

He has a mobility scooter which none of us thought would fit in the boot but to our amazement it went in quite easily!

Anything we bought whilst we were out, had to go inside the cabin tho :tongue:

Arthers scooter.jpg

Arthers scooter in Lexus boot.jpg

Excuse the dirty car, I washed it the next day...honest. Along with their car which took some cleaning and machine polishing to get the Seagull poop off the roof, I've never seen such a mess :surprise:

seagulls dont get me started with bl---y seagulls

• Like 1

@Goldberg, wow check out the roof :ohmy:

Imagine that condensed over a few years with only occasional washes and no wax/sealant to act as a barrier.  It had eaten well into the lacquer :unsure:

In hilly Derbyshire today (battery max'd on the downhills) I reminded myself how good the Power setting is Hills are effortless on this mode vs Normal.

I left it on all the way home, back to the flat lands of East Anglia (almost) and mpg's weren't much lower.

Which then made me wonder...if folks find the Power or Sport modes dramatically affect their mpg? Provided they drive 'fairly' sensibly...

On 10/09/2017 at 11:09 PM, Farqui said:

Which then made me wonder...if folks find the Power or Sport modes dramatically affect their mpg? Provided they drive 'fairly' sensibly...

I'm guessing its more than just the gearing ratios on your car unlike the IS250 but I always leave my IS in "PWR" mode its a much better drive in my opinion with no negative effects on fuel economy as long as I drive the same as with PWR off

• Like 1

I'm guessing its more than just the gearing ratios on your car unlike the IS250 but I always leave my IS in "PWR" mode its a much better drive in my opinion with no negative effects on fuel economy as long as I drive the same as with PWR off
Yes I agree, the pickup is earlier and feels more natural.

What I also noticed is that the brakes are sharper in PWR. So much so, that I've needed to relearn when and how much pressure is needed. I guess the Hybrid brakes are 'keener' in the higher power settings...I defo see more 'E' blocks on the Energy menu.

Yeah there is obviously no difference in the brakes on the IS but can completely understand why they would be different on the hybrid, basically the was I would describe the PWR button is that it just suits the way I like to drive

• Like 1

Over the 6 months+ I've owned the car the sat nav has always orientated the map to the North.

It took me a while to adjust but I've since learned the live with it. 

My previous car had the setting as 'heading up', which made more sense to us.

Last weekend mrsF stops gawping out of the window and starts moaning about the sat nav orientation.

You know the sort of thing, 'thats no good', 'I can't understand where we are' or 'which way to go?', etc, etc. 

I shrug, drive on and tune out...as normal :biggrin:

Then she simply presses the North symbol (top left) and boom the display now shows 'heading up'! 

:ohmy:

I'm kinda embarrassed that I hadn't already tried that myself.

Worse still, mrsF now thinks she's a tech whiz!...and she won't let me forget it #sigh

She forgets that the true 'tech whiz' crown is still owned by our almost 4 year old grand daughter.

Maybe this post will save you the pain that could be saved by *ahem* prodding it.

PS: who reads manuals anyway :tongue_smilie:

• Like 3