Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Carrying a dog in RC

Hoping some of you like me have a dog and looking for advice best way to travel with mans best friend in an RC 

Always carried dog in boot in crate or dog bag until now having owned SUVs or estates previously 

Thinking harness and seat cover or crate if it will fit with seat back folded down but would appreciate advice from anyone who already tackled this issue 

This is our Westie by the way - lot smaller than the previous Lab

DSC_0738.JPG

We travel with our yellow Labrador. He sits, or should say sprawls across the rear seats. He wears a harness clipped into the seat belt buckle. I cover the seats and center divider with  thick blanket, topped off with a waterproof hammock style cover.

• Like 1

As someone who is somewhat reluctant to grant even other human beings access to his car because of the likelihood, indeed the certainty,

that they will leave behind organic traces of their presence, invisible and innocuous as these might be, I shall be following this thread with

considerable interest as, no doubt, will others whose image of a canine presence in cars is less realistically relatable to a Lexus RC300h

than to Volvo wagons and green wellies or, if royalty is involved, to corgis and vintage LRs.   Nevertheless, should the owners feel able to

correctly interpret and record their dogs' opinion of the RC's ride comfort, cabin ergonomics and rear-seat accessibility etc. they will be

making a valuable - and probably unique - contribution to Lexus literature.

I understand where your coming from :laugh:

My cars must be immaculate inside - the Lab was only allowed in a dog bag to keep the interior spotless - the Westie didn't like the bag so had to get a cage which has worked fine as she doesn't shed 

None of my dogs have been allowed on seats or to leave nose marks on glass - the RC presents a challenge and I may end up using the Mitsubishi if the dog is coming out with us :blush:

No nose prints on my RC's glass. The dog knows how to behave! He sits quietly or more often, lays across the rear, nose close to, but never touching, the rear cabin A/C vents. 

Yes, there will be hairs to vacuum away once I remove the hammock cover and blanket but then I'd be vacuuming the rear anyway once passengers vacate :yes: 

• Like 1