Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi everyone,

As I can only squeeze one bike on the rear seats I'm looking for other option to transport bikes on the car.

I don't have tow bar or roof rails so option are getting pretty limited. I've found the following product: http://www.carbicyclerack.co.uk/saloon-car-bike-racks/lexus-gs-bike-rack/

It does look pretty solid and pricy :) does anyone seen that on the car or even better used ?

im looking to transport 2 adults bike plus in year or 2 extra kid bike.

it should fit both my current 2010 model and ideally 2015 when I'll change in a year or 2

oh there is even more expensive version: https://www.evanscycles.com/saris-super-bones-3-bike-rack-EV275983?esvt=55104-GOUKE2266114&esvq=&esvadt=999999-0-1217580-1&esvcrea=189744656548&esvplace=&esvd=t&esvtg=pla-298604901548&esvo=EV275983-NA-BLK&esvaid=50080&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-6-fnv2t1QIVzbvtCh1pvQi-EAQYAyABEgLeFPD_BwE

I've checked the roof and there is no provisioning for any type of rails. 

If one do exist they must be mounted via door cut out which is no the best option.

I've just found on eBay that there is roof rack by lexus for £200.

that might be good approach as it can work with both bike and boxes.

anyone know what load roof is capable of ?

I looked into this recently and opted for a more versatile roof rack. One popped up locally that hasn't been used much. Fits a treat, hooks over the door frames.

I'm still looking for a bike mount and had settled on a Thule 598, which look secure and easy to use. But I'll also take a look at Whispbars.

I have the Whispbar that uses fork mount which I find much better for full suspension MTB and the Orange 5 doesnt lend itself well to the frame mount options. Either way the Whisbar frame mount uses the same bar fixing merthod which is much quicker and easier to fit and more secure than the Thule (which I also have for a 3rd bike that has 9mm QR) I wil sell the Thule at some point and buy another Whspbar though

https://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel4_tab.php?31165&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuLu64Nmu1QIV6b3tCh3jRgXHEAQYASABEgLLV_D_BwE

• Like 1

@chris_fletcher That mount looks slick, pricey though.

The latest mounts sure have come a long way since I last used one. I've been using a tow bar rack for years but alas the GS 450H dunnae have a tow bar option :schmoll: