Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just had a new tyre fitted and apparently one of the shock absorbers has a slight leak. It's only done 43k. Do you think I should insist Lexus replace it under warranty or is this fair wear and tear?

45 minutes ago, Ala Larj said:

Just had a new tyre fitted and apparently one of the shock absorbers has a slight leak. It's only done 43k. Do you think I should insist Lexus replace it under warranty or is this fair wear and tear?

What sort of Lexus Warranty do you currently have on the car Alan ?

Regards

John

Are you sure they are leaking? Check them yourself as during my last service my dealer said my shocks were leaking. I checked them and found they were all bone dry! My trusted indi even popped it up on the ramp and gave it a once over, they were still dry. Tut tut.

I guess few Lexus owners delve underneath and dealers think they can get away with dodgy quotes.

7 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

What sort of Lexus Warranty do you currently have on the car Alan ?

Regards

John

Bought it in April do have a year warranty on it.

7 hours ago, Farqui said:

Are you sure they are leaking? Check them yourself as during my last service my dealer said my shocks were leaking. I checked them and found they were all bone dry! My trusted indi even popped it up on the ramp and gave it a once over, they were still dry. Tut tut.

I guess few Lexus owners delve underneath and dealers think they can get away with dodgy quotes.

Will have a look tomorrow.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ala Larj said:

Bought it in April do have a year warranty on it.

Wear and tear does not arise within the one year Warranty me thinks Alan.Ask the Lexus Dealer you bought it from to check it out and replace if necessary.

Regards

John

• 3 weeks later...

Update. Lexus replaced both rear shocks today at no cost. Had a brand new NX 300h premier as a courtesy car. Was disappointed with that in comparison to the GS!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ala Larj said:

Update. Lexus replaced both rear shocks today at no cost. Had a brand new NX 300h premier as a courtesy car. Was disappointed with that in comparison to the GS!

Good outcome. Keep a close eye on the fronts just in case you never know.

John

• Like 1

Both of my fronts are apparently leaking slightly - noted at last service and MOT - so hoping when it's in for service in a few weeks the warranty will pick it up (I'll make sure to mention it and note that the suspension seems a bit trashy in the front!).

• Like 1