Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Okay so maybe it took a few weekends before I could dig into it..

Anyhow I think I'm onto the culprit.  Checked the rear sunroof drains and they seemed to be clear and still attached.  I loosened off the side trims in the boot for access then stuck some heavy gauge solder wire up the tubes to make sure they made it to the roof.  That sort of cleared them from the enquiry.  So I parked it in the garage for a few nights to dry off and started watertesting using a spray bottle of water.  Didn't take to long to figure the leak was coming from further back than the sunroof.  

Had to take the passenger side roof rail off and find the rear most seam on the roof has the slightest of nicks in it.  Whenever the rainwater was rolling off the roof into the 'gutter' it was running right over the pinhole creating my issue.  I've attached a few pics in case anyone else encounters the same.  I checked the driverside and the same thing has happened there although the leak was nowhere near as bad.

Applied some sealer to both areas but it didn't appear to cure properly.  Will give it another go with some proper stuff.

Jay

20170924_161800.jpg

20170924_162108.jpg

20170924_162114.jpg

20170924_162129.jpg