Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have been searching for a Gs450H for a while now to have as a second car to our RX450H but haven't managed to find the right colour  combination as yet, as i am not keen on black cars or interiors its taking quite a while but i'm in no rush so can be patient.This one came up the other day.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-56-Lexus-GS-450h-HYBRID-3-5-SE-L-Auto-Petrol-Electric-JUST-24-000-MILES-/302395457199?hash=item46682c7eaf:g:yZ4AAOSwdkpZeQd0 and i thought even though overpriced it might be worth a look.after a few  questions about services and history i find out its had three lexus services up to 19000 miles, the last service being in November 2010 so its only done 5000 miles in the last seven years but no services.The dealer tells me it was left as part of an estate hence the low mileage,The dealer keeps going on about the low mileage and that its worth the money,i said i would rather one with 80,000 miles but have a full up to date service history rather than low miles and very few services,

I haven't travelled to see the car but i'm told its immaculate,but surely very little use over that time can't be good for the hybrid system?

Love to know some opinions on this.

I'd be very suspicious of the low mileage considering its age.

As you say, lots of components could have been compromised with the lack of use.

The lack of regular servicing also goes against it.

The high price is off putting too, regardless of the mileage.

On the flip side the interior and exterior should be close to immaculate.

If it's close, then maybe it's worth a look. But I personally wouldn't make a special or long trip for it. Maybe someone on here is local and could check it out?

I agree with the wisdom expressed by the others here. The lack of servicing over 7 years is not good. Old oil, old coolant, etc.

Things like air con need regular use to keep seals and pipes in good shape, and being left standing for so long can't be healthy.

I think you'd be looking at a full service at £500 once you got it as a minimum, potentially more if it needed work/parts.

It's also too old (I think?) for the Lexus extended warranty, so that may influence your purchasing decision.

If you were keen paying the local Lexus dealer to assess the car might be wise, and could be a 50:50 agreement between you and the garage in terms of the cost.

Good luck with your hunt for a GS450. They are great cars.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

i agree with the comments,i have told the dealer it wasn't for me because of the lack of history and that he should have got an up to date service and hybrid health check from lexus but he seems to think because of the mileage its worth the money

On a separate note has anyone had any dealings with Moses gate cars(Bolton) as they seem to have a lot of Lexus models for sale some with very low mileage,they recently just sold a GS460 which we know are very rare.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links