Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS460 2008 Huge fuel consumption

Maybe you are right , i have no idea . But even so that's why on the journey made yesterday by the OP at that speed i was expecting something closer to 30 if he reset the trip computer as soon as he hit the motorway . Maybe the car has the units set to US gallons :)

17 hours ago, Dale_V said:

on the way to germany.

A bit off topic but have they lit up their autobans at night yet? I have to go there soon & didn't like those dark autobans at night especially with the speeds they do

They not lit authobans at night but do not worry not many people drive there above 80mph especially in the night. Done more then dozen trips to germany and it was fine. 

23 minutes ago, lucas192 said:

They not lit authobans at night but do not worry not many people drive there above 80mph especially in the night. Done more then dozen trips to germany and it was fine. 

No idea, I don't think I drove at night. On the way back it was a steady indicated 160

Ha ha that was nothing really.. I was with a group of mates.. One in a v10 BMW m5, he hit 210mph indicated.. 

I only took the ls460 as my mr2 turbo had injector problems

20160705031212_IMG_0877.JPG

• Like 4

On 31/07/2017 at 4:06 PM, lucas192 said:

Just come back from 70 mile journey on the motorway (cruise set 70-75) and only get 23mpg. 

Have you got the adaptive cruise? I find I get less mpg on cruise due to the fact when the car has to slow down it then seems to resume up to the set speed as quickly as poss i.e. Dropping down gears and exelarating hard! I usuely get approx 30 mpg on a run, ( without cruise)I never seem to look at mpg around London, i think that's because I'm to scared lol but 12 doesn't really seem that unrealistic. Sounds silly but like someone else has mentioned have you reset everything ? i.e. Mpg.

On 7/30/2017 at 9:21 AM, lucas192 said:

I bought my ls 2 weeks ago and I notice I have huge fuel consumption. 

At the end of the day the 'real problem' is that you have bought the car of preference you wanted & now find running it 'in the way you originaly envisaged' is not as easy & stress free in reality as it was in 'the dream'.......happens to many of us in many ways in a lifetime.....

So now, the only option I can see is to lower fuel bills by having it converted to LPG fuel, the only installation technicians I have seen recommended on here  over the years is 'Profess', Glamorgan, S Wales. Its appx half the cost of petrol, I had mine converted there around 2012 & never looked back, I don't even think about how much fuel I'm using any more, which, according to your first post, is your problem.

Profess autogas

http://www.professautogas.co.uk

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
Are you reading the computer or doing a full tank to empty calculation? Just a thought.
That was brimming it to get down there and then again to come back and both worked out about the same. It mostly comes down to an individual's driving style I think.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk