Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls400 Power steering pump MK4

Can you swap a mk3 to a mk 4 power steering pump as mine is slightly leaking.

Expensive as I do not want an aftermarket version but do have a spare mk3 for parts.

Cheer sguys

All models prior to the series IV (1998-2000) had the reservoir mounted on top of the pump but the last model had the reservoir located remote from the pump.

Having compared on Toyodiy the pump itself is the same but you would have to remove the reservoir from the donor pump and fit the reservoir bracket from the faulty pump preferably fitting a new O ring seal then reconnect the reservoir pipe to the stub pipe on the bracket.

Check all the rubber pipework to the pump for loose clips before diving in.

You can also buy a pump rebuild kit from Lexus (04446-30172) for around £30.00 if you wish to repair your original.

• Like 1

i bought a new one from the states,from a link steve gave me,cost about £200 with shipping and import tax,my mechanic changed it in about an hour,the pump was brand new not a recon,was about £260 all in ,i would of done it myself a few years ago

mine had done 144000 when it went,my old k reg had 225000 miles still had the original ,i did repair the usual o ring on the bottom of reservoir, the mk4 had been leaking slightly for a while,then i lost all the ps fluid on the way home one night, when the pump give up it blew a pipe off i had to manhandle it home

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

It looks that way.

I changed the "o" ring a while back but still had a leak.  Put in a small amount of snake juice that I bought unopened from a yard sale for £1 and after 1200 mile recent journey the level has stayed the same. Not too concerned that this is a "bodge" if it does the trick.

ps Steve can you reply to my pm please?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links