Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300H replacement ordered.....

Put down the deposit on the replacement for our IS300H today.....Sadly it wouldn't be with us till 2019 at the earliest.

Rather strange feeling today sitting in the IS, I really cannot fault it and in many ways it opened my eyes to a new world of hybrid/EV motoring. But sentimental values cannot stand in the way of progress.

35453001704_3fd761ffaf_c.jpg

have you ordered the model 3 yet ??? i had been looking into the model 3 dont know if i would get

used to the speedo being in the corner of a tablet and not in front of you ,after speaking to tesla in

knutsford i was also quiet surprised the second yr service could be so expensive at about £700

and the teslas are all insurance group 50, for me the extra it would cost to insurance and service

would outweigh the savings in fuel,its  a shame as i feel tesla is the only viable EV car in the market place today.

49 minutes ago, C Mclean said:

Waiting to see what the final specs and cost is going to be.

Tesla change spec/pricing every 4-6 months. But the starting price will be sub £30k (so cheaper than our IS), 0-60 5.6 seconds (quicker than our IS), and have a significantly better media system.

Am weighing up if we should go for the barebones car for <£30k or go all out and get the 'P' version when it's announced for £45k+. Got 2 years to decide.

45 minutes ago, 200h said:

have you ordered the model 3 yet ??? i had been looking into the model 3 dont know if i would get

used to the speedo being in the corner of a tablet and not in front of you ,after speaking to tesla in

knutsford i was also quiet surprised the second yr service could be so expensive at about £700

and the teslas are all insurance group 50, for me the extra it would cost to insurance and service

would outweigh the savings in fuel,its  a shame as i feel tesla is the only viable EV car in the market place today.

Reserved today but 500k+ people ahead of me in line.

Model 3 pricing is 50% pricing of current S/X. 

14 minutes ago, ganzoom said:

But the starting price will be sub £30k

I wouldn't bank on that. European regulations, shipping costs, import duty, and VAT will bring it up almost to parity with the $ price in the US.

10 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

I wouldn't bank on that. European regulations, shipping costs, import duty, and VAT will bring it up almost to parity with the $ price in the US.

Using current Model S pricing structure is US to UK, $35k car before federal incentives will cost £27k here after the £4.5k EV grant.

The EV grant wouldn't last forever but should still be there is 2019/20, so no harm in ordering now. Hopefully the Model 3 will be our 4th car to get benfit from the EV grant:).

I seriously do think that this tesla will be on the shortlist of many of the IS300H owners. I personally can't wait until 2019 as i have to decide early next year but it certainly would be a strrong contender.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, DanD said:

I was in Paris last week and was amazed as to how many Teslas are run as taxis over there!

And many Lexus GS300h and some IS300H to when I was there two months ago. Diesel has gone out of favour in Paris.

https://lexusenthusiast.com/2017/08/01/lexus-july-2017-sales-report/

Lexus really need do something to push up car sales. In the US to-date  IS sales are down 27% compared to last year, and GS down 50%. 

BMW is reported to be on the verge of releasing some news on their 'Model 3 rival' soon, as Tesla ramp up their production everyone is who haven't got a competing product to the Model 3 will see their sales fall. Toyota/Lexus really really need to get a move on with their EV program before its too late. 

To be fair, Toyota/Lexus have released the car which is hydrogen fuel cell coming over to the uk very soon a believe. Granted it's ugly but certainly looks interesting around how it works etc. I'm still 50/50 if pure EV is the way to go yet 

cheers