Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which country would you pick?

In dream lala land, I'd like to get the F out of the garage, and get straight into some seriously good roads. Bend after bend after bend. No traffic, stunning views and loads of fun.

So, in your head, what country  would give you driving nirvana?

This was Andorra last November, the best roads I have ever driven on, racetrack smooth, no cameras, no Police, very little traffic just mile after mile of high speed excitement.

P1000455.JPG

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Mark G said:

This was Andorra last November, the best roads I have ever driven on, racetrack smooth, no cameras, no Police, very little traffic just mile after mile of high speed excitement.

P1000455.JPG

Looks amazing Mark

Wales of course 😀

The black mountains/brecon beacons has some fantastic twisty roads and the views are breathtaking. 

My favourite has to be the A483 from builth wells into Llandrindod Wells then on to Newtown and into Welshpool. 

I do this trip every other Sunday to visit my family and there really is a lovely drive out.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Wales of course 😀

The black mountains/brecon beacons has some fantastic twisty roads and the views are breathtaking. 

My favourite has to be the A483 from builth wells into Llandrindod Wells then on to Newtown and into Welshpool. 

I do this trip every other Sunday to visit my family and there really is a lovely drive out.

Yes Rebecca.  I do that route from Llandeilo up to Chester to visit my parents.  Was a bit more fun in the IS250 and IS250C, The RX doesn't go round the corners quite as well, but still an exhilarating drive.

19 minutes ago, steveledzep said:

Yes Rebecca.  I do that route from Llandeilo up to Chester to visit my parents.  Was a bit more fun in the IS250 and IS250C, The RX doesn't go round the corners quite as well, but still an exhilarating drive.

Same here when I used to do the trip in my previous is220d. It's heaps more fun in my 250 f-sport.

Llandeilo is lovely by the way. I'm very often in the area as do a lot of hiking on the black Mountain and very often visit the town at the end of the day for a meal.

It's such a lovely drive back through the beacons into hereford. 😀

• Like 1

No experience in Wales but Northern Spain Barcelona region is just incredible. Drive away from Barcelona inland and the scenery changes dramatically. Wonderful smooth highways, low traffic and corners in all sort and shapes. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, steveledzep said:

:laughing:.  Think you went on the blat around Rhayader Dav ?  Lovely place to drive.

😀 Yep. Moaned all the way round 🤠

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, steveledzep said:

A forum meet would be good. You going to organise one ?

I'm fortunate enough to have 180 degree views over the Black Mountains, Carreg Cennen and the Brecon Beacons.

OK no need to rub it in 😅 I'm the other side of the beacons and can just about see hay bluff on a good day.

I think I will organise a meet actually. My parents own the bunch of carrots pub in hereford. This would be ideal and maybe a free lunch and a drink for all attending forum members 😀

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MNMJ said:

Colorado has most of what you wish for, and very few police cars. Bits of Oregon and Washington are good too

Idaho too, I will be there next month, driving up from Vegas, some great roads.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

OK no need to rub it in 😅 I'm the other side of the beacons and can just about see hay bluff on a good day.

I think I will organise a meet actually. My parents own the bunch of carrots pub in hereford. This would be ideal and maybe a free lunch and a drink for all attending forum members 😀

Count me in too please.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rebecca said:

We certainly are Steve, I love it here.😃

Hey maybe we should organise a forum meet on the brecon beacons? Hay on wye would be ideal. 

@Rebecca Good shout one of my favourite haunts, @Flytvr bring your credit card more aviation book shops than you can shake a stick at and coffe 'n' cake shops...... 🙄

🐀

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@steveledzep Do they serve Guinness and cake I'm not bothered what order it's in 😁

🐀

Rebecca's planning it around her parents' pub "The Bunch of Carrots" in Hereford.  I'm sure they'll serve Guinness.  If they don't do cake, I'll ask Mrs Ledzep to bake one for you.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, steveledzep said:

Rebecca's planning it around her parents' pub "The Bunch of Carrots" in Hereford.  I'm sure they'll serve Guinness.  If they don't do cake, I'll ask Mrs Ledzep to bake one for you.

@steveledzep & @Rebecca you've both just gone to to the top of my Christmas card list 😉

🐀

• Like 1