Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

how to fit an aux/usb socket to SC430

oldjoe

There is another way using a new head unit but this is how to do it using a simple plug and play car kit using the original head unit. There are various kits like Grom and Vaistech. It may be worth calling a good car hifi shop to see what they recommend. I doubt they would charge very much for fitting as it's very quick and easy to do.

• Like 1

thanks Neil, i was hoping there was something from within the UK as things get very expensive from the States by the time HM Customs & Excise and Royal Mail have finished. the last thing i bought from there was priced at $19.99 ( £15 approx) and cost £31 by the time i had it in my hand.

I have just fitted a Pure DAB kit to mine as i wanted DAB radio and the ability to play all my iTunes through the car system. The benefit of this kit is that it provides a USB and an Aux socket as part of the kit. This is the second one of these that I have fitted, the other to my wife's CRV, and the reception is excellent, no drop out, but make sure you buy a "powered" aerial that sticks to the inside of the windscreen.

PURE Highway 300Di - In-car DAB digital radio and audio adaptor

The link above takes you to amazon and I brought the one for £74 as its new but in an opened box, not the one for £142

23 hours ago, oldjoe said:

thanks Neil, i was hoping there was something from within the UK as things get very expensive from the States by the time HM Customs & Excise and Royal Mail have finished. the last thing i bought from there was priced at $19.99 ( £15 approx) and cost £31 by the time i had it in my hand.

Hi Joe, they are available in the UK, on line, on the big auction site or from a good car audio shop and they will fit it for you. 

The Pure kit was easy to fit as the centre stack comes out quite easily, you tube has some good demo's. I mounted the control unit next to the drivers door pillar, its not in your line of sight and looks neat as all the wires can be hidden.

Good luck

• Like 1

@Ally430SC That does sound like a good solution.

I must look into DAB again. The last time I checked, perhaps 2 years ago, it was still quite expensive for the add on module and both the sound quality and reception were 'iffy' at best.

@Ally430SC thanks Alan that's a good 'wake up' call, as DAB is so poor at home I think I've fallen behind on the car audio front. 

I'll add this to the shopping list and consider where in the car to hide it.

Image result for alpine dab module