Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

Having just moved from an IS300h Premier to a 2015 GS300h Luxury (Sunroof, ML, Sonic Titanium) I thought I would move forums, introduce myself and ask a couple of questions:

1) how do you turn the satnav volume on?  the car did not come with a full set of manuals but being a bloke I doubt i would read them anyway 

2) where is the TPMS reset button?  on the IS it was hidden down near the pedals from memory 

3) do the standard 18 inch wheels have a paint code?  I think mine have been refurbished and i'm sure the slightly shinny/chrome look is not standard.

I assume you are all just as friendly as the IS forum members!!!

Welcome to the GS club, how are you finding it vs the IS?

2) here; 

On mine I seem to recall there's a reset button on the drivers footwell and a A/B button in the passengers footwell.

Hi,

1. is in the Voice settings in the Setup menu.

2. TPMS is reset in the display in the instrument panel. From the manual (my PDF copy is American, hence the wrong spellings):

How to initialize the tire pressure warning system
1. Park the vehicle in a safe place and turn the power switch off. Initialization cannot be performed while the vehicle is moving.
2. Adjust the tire inflation pressure to the specified cold tire inflation pressure level. Make sure to adjust the tire pressure to the specified cold tire inflation pressure level. The tire pressure warning system will operate based on this pressure level.
3. Turn the power switch to ON mode.
4. Press < or > on the meter control switch and select [COG ICON].
5. Press [UP] or [DOWN] on the meter control switch and select “Vehicle Settings”. Then press [DOT].
6. Press [UP] or [DOWN] on the meter control switch and select “TPMS”. Then press and hold [DOT] until a message is displayed. The message will be displayed on the multi-information display and the tire pressure warning light will blink slowly 3 times.
7. When the message disappears, initialization is complete.

3. Sorry, can't help with this, you might need to contact the dealer.

I hope this helps.

Having recently moved into GS300h luxury ML from is 300h f sport I'm very happy. My wheels appear original and are definitely shiny chrome look. Take a look at the pictures I posted of my car to compare with yours. 

I'm sure you will love your car. I have done nearly 3000 miles in 5 weeks. 

Many thanks for the replies,  I will have another bash at the sat nav voice and tpms.  Will also look at the photos to see if my wheels look the same.   At this stage I much prefer the GS,  the quality seems a notch up,  you get all the toys at mid range Luxury level including blind spot monitor, cross traffic alert, cooled seats, memory seat and parking sensors front and rear.  I was also lucky to find a 2 year old car with the sunroof, ML and 15000 miles for about half the cost of a new one.  It is much quieter than the IS and the level of waft when driving is tremendous,  I actually drive much slower now and love the discrete classy looks but it is much bigger than the IS, not something I really noticed until parking in a Tesco car park or putting in my garage for the first time.

• Like 1

The car is a lot bigger but I find it much easier to park than the is. I now tend to reverse into spaces which is so easy.

They are so rare. Yesterday I saw a grey one on the M5. It was only the 4th I've seen since I bought mine. 

• Like 1

I really like the exclusivity, as you say you very rarely see another one.    I read that in 2016 approx  23000 E Class, 21000 5 Series, 16000 A6 and 250 GS were sold!!

Only annoyance so far is the lack of auto-locking when you drive off,  I liked that feature in the IS.

1 hour ago, Greenfield said:

Only annoyance so far is the lack of auto-locking when you drive off,  I liked that feature in the IS.

Mine auto locks. You can either set it to lock at a certain speed, or when you move it out of park. The settings are configurable in the head unit in Settings -> Vehicle -> Vehicle Customization.

• Like 1

welcome

you can set the auto lock in settings also voice. I asked my dealer for a user manual and they ordered it for me ,took two wks, but found it invaluable plenty to look at ,polish

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/08/2017 at 7:14 PM, spacenase said:

Mine auto locks. You can either set it to lock at a certain speed, or when you move it out of park. The settings are configurable in the head unit in Settings -> Vehicle -> Vehicle Customization.

On 02/08/2017 at 8:15 PM, polish said:

welcome

you can set the auto lock in settings also voice. I asked my dealer for a user manual and they ordered it for me ,took two wks, but found it invaluable plenty to look at ,polish

I don't seem to be able to find this in my settings. Maybe it's a feature of the newer models?

1 hour ago, Ala Larj said:

I don't seem to be able to find this in my settings. Maybe it's a feature of the newer models?

I think it is, mine is a 13 plate Luxury and I dont have this either.

To the OP, welcome to the forum and GS. I moved across from the previous model IS. The GS has all the same qualities but turned up to 11. The longer wheel base and wider track just make it such a wonderfully comfortable, refined and settled car to drive.

• Like 1

On 02/08/2017 at 5:30 PM, Greenfield said:

I really like the exclusivity, as you say you very rarely see another one.    I read that in 2016 approx  23000 E Class, 21000 5 Series, 16000 A6 and 250 GS were sold!!

A big part of these numbers is the fact that Lexus don't sell to fleets. Hire companies snap up many bog spec small diesel versions of those cars.Keeps the GS a more select choice for the more discerning motorist.

A Lexus has more quality touches. For example, all the leather in your car is leather. In a Merc its all fake and in an Audi only the bits of the seat are real, the rest is fake

I had it on my old IS but disabled it as prefer to keep it unlocked when driving. Not many carjackings down my neck of the woods!

Mine doesn't seem to have double locking. Is that on the newer models?

26 minutes ago, Ala Larj said:

I had it on my old IS but disabled it as prefer to keep it unlocked when driving. Not many carjackings down my neck of the woods!

Mine doesn't seem to have double locking. Is that on the newer models?

Mine does I think its standard. I press the sensor on the door handle twice and there are 2 differnt locking noises. Having a quick glance at the manual I cant see it described, but the GS definatly double locks. On mine just pres the lock button on the key or door handle twice,,

1 hour ago, Jamesf1 said:

Mine does I think its standard. I press the sensor on the door handle twice and there are 2 differnt locking noises. Having a quick glance at the manual I cant see it described, but the GS definatly double locks. On mine just pres the lock button on the key or door handle twice,,

That's how mine worked on the IS but I don't get the second locking sound on the GS. There's no mention of it in the handbook either. The bit that says "check that the door is securely locked" always makes me smile. How am I supposed to do that? As soon as I grab the handle to check, it unlocks!

Capture.JPG

On 01/08/2017 at 4:26 PM, Greenfield said:

Hi,

Having just moved from an IS300h Premier to a 2015 GS300h Luxury (Sunroof, ML, Sonic Titanium) I thought I would move forums, introduce myself and ask a couple of questions:

1) how do you turn the satnav volume on?  the car did not come with a full set of manuals but being a bloke I doubt i would read them anyway 

2) where is the TPMS reset button?  on the IS it was hidden down near the pedals from memory 

3) do the standard 18 inch wheels have a paint code?  I think mine have been refurbished and i'm sure the slightly shinny/chrome look is not standard.

I assume you are all just as friendly as the IS forum members!!!

1) Under settings and then nav, you can change the volume of the woman in the dashboard.

2) Under the dash, you have to stick your neck all the way underneath to find it. In the same place as the IS roughly. Bear in mind that you DO NOT have to set the TPMS every time you put air in.

3) No paint code for any Lexus wheels. The shiny chrome look on the Luxury most certainly is standard but can be a pain to match if kerbed.

Hope that helps