Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Back to Lexus after a sojourn with Audi.

2 hours ago, Ian M said:

Thanks for the recommendation.  I was at Extra Grip Tyres this afternoon to get 4 Cross Climates fitted.  As you say, very good pricing and it was nice to deal with an old fashioned local firm.  My only slight reservation was that they didn't seem too impressed by my request to refit the wheel nuts with a torque wrench rather than the windy gun.  But to be fair, they did do as I asked.

As to the tyres, well I have only done the trip back to Derby via the A52 and they certainly seem quieter than the Dunlops which were on before.

Good choice with the Michelin Cross Climates. I'm sure you know but they are recommended as the best choice of tyres on honestjohn.co.uk. I assume you didn't want the windy gun on your wheel nuts as it marks them?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JeffL said:

Good choice with the Michelin Cross Climates. I'm sure you know but they are recommended as the best choice of tyres on honestjohn.co.uk. I assume you didn't want the windy gun on your wheel nuts as it marks them?

Well Ian M might not want them marked. On the other hand he might like to be able to get them off in the event of a puncture.

After a main dealer repair involving the removal of all four wheels from my car I could not undo the locking nuts to grease my calliper pins. Worse, my local tyre place, who have used torque wrenches for as long as I can remember, were unable to get the locking nuts off without destroying them. A roadside attempt would certainly have failed.

The torque settings are there for a reason.

John

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OldTrout said:

On the other hand he might like to be able to get them off in the event of a puncture.

After a main dealer repair involving the removal of all four wheels from my car I could not undo the locking nuts to grease my calliper pins. Worse, my local tyre place, who have used torque wrenches for as long as I can remember, were unable to get the locking nuts off without destroying them. A roadside attempt would certainly have failed.

The torque settings are there for a reason.

John

Spot on.

I hope the Cross Climates will mean getting out of my dad's place is no problem when it snows.  He lives at the bottom of a long but gentle hill which gradually steepens towards the top.  It defeats almost anything on ordinary tyres unless it's got next to no power, front wheel drive and super skinny wheels. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links