Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nissokui Wheel repairers

Aztec fire

Hi guys, I have a is300h which was fitted with the lovely shinny Nisshokiu wheels. All is well until I kerbed then and tried getting them repaired. May local guy I have used  for normal Alloy wheels tried but no joy. Lexus sentvtjecdherl of md to their repairer and when he saw them said they cannot repair theM,

i tried South West Repairs in Exeter they tried but the finish is nothing like the original. 

Does anyone out there know of any  repairers who are capable of making them like the originals?

Please see photo of one of my damaged wheels.

IMG_3432.JPG

We had a similar issue with an Urban Cruiser alloys years ago, picture attached:

5987796544b43_urbancruisers.jpg.12c29b059ba58f7836993d568c1a264d.jpg

We managed to replicate the finish after a visit from Glasurit and a new tinter on the scheme at the cost of over £700 per 250ml bottle! Basically the finish was achieved by a very dark undercoat and a special effect tinter over the top to give the very dark chrome/mirror finish.

This will not be achieved with standard metallic paint no matter how hard they try, as to finding someone to replicate it for you I have no idea who to turn too other than find a bodyshop locally who use Glasurit and ask if their technical rep will come in to try and replicate the colour

There must be a company out there who will refurb the wheel. Think you'll have to spend a bit of time on a computer and a phone to find a company but I'm sure you will find one. Bit of time and effort should do the trick

1 hour ago, paulrnx said:

There must be a company out there who will refurb the wheel. Think you'll have to spend a bit of time on a computer and a phone to find a company but I'm sure you will find one. Bit of time and effort should do the trick

The problem any of the companies will face is it is not a "painted" finish as such so trying to achieve the finish by conventional painting is very difficult, also very time consuming.

To replicate the urban cruiser, which was not as difficult finish as these Lexus wheels between spray out cards and technical experts around 30 hours labour were spent to match the colour, no garage is going to spend that sort of investment in time to replicate this one for him unfortunately