Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The 200t variant is more popular in the states. It 's basically the de-facto entry-level option since the "300h" engine isn't available in anything apart from the NX.

No surprise to see the reviewer recommend coughing up a few $$ more for a GS350 though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Farqui said:

I did a retake when the saw the US mpg figures...they make my big thumper look good.

The US have smaller gallons and economy tests that are more real-world compared to ours. The two combined lead to very different figures.

For example the current GS450h in the US has a combined figure of 31 mpg. Converting that to imperial gallons is 37 mpg. The UK figure is 45 mpg.

• Like 2

I think it's just a different number. ie it's the same properties but measured another way so shows a lower number. From memory RON+MON/2 but could be wrong.

Gallons are different.

low MPG in the US doesn't matter the same as it does here. -don't forget US fuel prices. Last week I filled a mini van 80 litre tank from virtually empty to full for $38 (about £30!!) My GS250 65 litre tank from almost empty to full takes £68 ish to fill. Fuel is less than half the price it is here - currently works out at around 45p a litre.So buying a GS 350 over a 200t is a no brainer. Every GS, ES and RX I saw was a 350.

The 200t isn't being dropped elsewhere - only in the UK I think. 

Its already been dropped on Lexus UK website for the IS and NX but awkwardly, the RC200T still soldiers on - perhaps its selling better, who knows?

The GS200t doesn't really make much sense in America and it wouldn't in the UK either due to the 350 being only a little more in the US and the 300h being the leader of sales for the GS in the UK.

The 200t seems to do OK in Australia and Asia but they are extremely small markets.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, rayaans said:

The 200t isn't being dropped elsewhere - only in the UK I think. 

Its already been dropped on Lexus UK website for the IS and NX but awkwardly, the RC200T still soldiers on - perhaps its selling better, who knows?

The GS200t doesn't really make much sense in America and it wouldn't in the UK either due to the 350 being only a little more in the US and the 300h being the leader of sales for the GS in the UK.

The 200t seems to do OK in Australia and Asia but they are extremely small markets.

A pity - better on tax and MPG than my 250, bit more oomph as well, it would  on paper be my preference over a 300h (I'm not knocking the 300h I've never driven one).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links