Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I might be going mad, but looking at my reversing camera view today I noticed a lot more bumper than I thought was there before. There's no obvious damage and I'm positive it's not been bumped. I poked the camera a few times and it all feels pretty solid.

Please can anyone else with a GS have a look at their reversing view to see if it's similar to mine?

0f01c823b73609a062dd66d884567e82.jpg

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Hi Andrew, yours seems to be the same as mine (pic from dealer ad).

Can't say I've ever seen the reversing lines options, will have to take a look into that...

media (3).jpg

• Like 1

The reversing lines especially the ones that move with the steering are the most useful feature of the camera enabling reverse turning between objects easy. 

The view shown is normal.

John.

• Like 2

Thanks gents. I appreciate the confirmation.

No idea why you don't have the reversing lines Lee, but as John says they are very useful. Just line up the yellow box with your parking space, get the green lines into the yellow box and park perfectly each time. Gamification in action.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Andrew @Odysseus,I've dug out some instructions for a secret menu that looks like it'll allow me to enable the reversing lines.  I'll let you know if they work.

If not, then maybe it'll have to wait until I get Techstream running.

If neither of these options work then I'll grab some magic markers!

3 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Farqui Marty Feldman I believe a very underrated comic of his time, whereas I'm just a complete clown 🤡 

🐀

Don't be so modest 🐀, not just a complete clown, the complete clown :wink3:

• Like 2

@NemesisUK Yes funny you should say that matey every time health and safety visit a site and I'm there they say things like that and ' oh my god no please tell me he's not working here'

And the last one said ' if I see him toboggan down scaffold boards on that four wheeled barrow of his im having his site safety card '

IMG_3164.JPG.329854842e6191902b52900d06432a9e.JPGBig Rat

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Farqui said:

Andrew @Odysseus,I've dug out some instructions for a secret menu that looks like it'll allow me to enable the reversing lines.  I'll let you know if they work.

If not, then maybe it'll have to wait until I get Techstream running.

If neither of these options work then I'll grab some magic markers!

Any luck getting the lines enabled Lee?  They are very cool and have dramatically improved my parking ability!

@Odysseus / Andrew, I just tried the hidden menu and whilst all system checks are OK, the Camera option is greyed out and not accessible :sad:

http://au.lexusownersclub.com/forums/topic/8150-howto-access-the-secret-diagnostics-menu/

I'm not sure why my camera option isn't accessible...

PS: I tried to access the hidden menu via both the INFO and DISP buttons but no joy.

27 minutes ago, Farqui said:

@Odysseus / Andrew, I just tried the hidden menu and whilst all system checks are OK, the Camera option is greyed out and not accessible :sad:

http://au.lexusownersclub.com/forums/topic/8150-howto-access-the-secret-diagnostics-menu/

I'm not sure why my camera option isn't accessible...

Lee the function is not in the hidden menu.

With assessor mode on put the car in reverse so that the rear view appears. Press the touch button on the lower right of the screen, then the button on the lower left to choose the operating mode. Do this with the steering slightly offset to one side as this will show the steering lines instead of them being hidden behind the straight ahead lines.

Turning the steering will move the lines to show the path the car will take.

John 

In Accessory mode (Power button pressed without pressing the Brake pedal) I can't move the shift lever out of Park.

I don't see the bottom left or right options in my reversing camera, were they optional?

1 hour ago, Farqui said:

In Accessory mode (Power button pressed without pressing the Brake pedal) I can't move the shift lever out of Park.

I don't see the bottom left or right options in my reversing camera, were they optional?

After going into accessory mode press the brake pedal and select reverse or alternatively press the unlock button by the side of the gear shifter.

John

7 minutes ago, Britprius said:

After going into accessory mode press the brake pedal and select reverse or alternatively press the unlock button by the side of the gear shifter.

John

I tried those options too but the lever wouldn't budge.

I've never used the unlock button before and it didn't have a positive click.  

Will take a read of the manual and re-try...ah the lever can be shifted WHILE the unlock button is pressed.

Gawd I'm a complete noob :blush:

ACCS mode on, shift lever in reverse and no reversing camera shown :sad:

1da2b205aa668900e763652eff6a0ee8.jpg

In POWER mode and reverse, the camera is shown (as per post#2) but no 'option' button.

9 minutes ago, Odysseus said:

Could be, mine's an SE.

Frankly I've lost the will to keep on trying to enable such an option, which would have been nice to have.

But as it appears to be MIA on my car, then so be it.

Thanks for the input tho John @Britprius, appreciate it.

59 minutes ago, Farqui said:

Could be, mine's an SE.

Frankly I've lost the will to keep on trying to enable such an option, which would have been nice to have.

But as it appears to be MIA on my car, then so be it.

Thanks for the input tho John @Britprius, appreciate it.

@Farqui mine does it, and is a 56 se.

mines been in the garage today with a sticking door lock(massive £25 bill to strip and lube the mechanisms!)

I'll go out and check these later (once the Accord buyer has come to collect)

16 hours ago, lockeyboy said:

@Farqui mine does it, and is a 56 se.

mines been in the garage today with a sticking door lock(massive £25 bill to strip and lube the mechanisms!)

I'll go out and check these later (once the Accord buyer has come to collect)

Rub it in why don't ya! :tongue:

Which door was sticking? 

Fingers crossed that the buyer snags your Accord.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links