Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tints exhaust wheels calipers

Those changes have all come out well, are you pleased?

What's the score with tinting? What are the legal rules? Is it expensive? Does a %age tint reduce internal temps by xC?

MrsF wants some to keep her V-dub cool inside. I sometimes wonder if she intends to move to the Med! With or without me?

They might also work well on my Obsidian barge [emoji848] Would also help to keep my batteries chilled [emoji6]

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Farqui said:

Those changes have all come out well, are you pleased?

What's the score with tinting? What are the legal rules? Is it expensive? Does a %age tint reduce internal temps by xC?

MrsF wants some to keep her V-dub cool inside. I sometimes wonder if she intends to move to the Med! With or without me?

They might also work well on my Obsidian barge emoji848.png Would also help to keep my batteries chilled emoji6.png

I'd like to get my calipers done (subject to an insurance adjustment check)  what colour blue is it? Looks good

window tinting reduces visibility for the driver

• Like 1

Yes really pleased with how its all turned out.

Tint wise driver and passenger windows have to be able to let 70% light through so you can only get a clear coat on those but its not worth it. 

Anything behind the driver can be as dark as you like. Most companies have levels from 5% (darkest) 20% 35% And 50%. 

I think 5% Looks to dark on the outside and it is hard to see out the rear window esp at night with 5%.

20% does make it slightly darker from the inside but im still able to see fine.

Cost was £180 for the passenger And rear Windows. 

Re the calipers i went with porsche Riveria blue, its actually a body colour but when i spoke to the wheel place they found the paint code and was able to reproduce it for the calipers. Think i only saw one other car on Google with that colour so its quite rare which appealed to me. 

I have posted this on the haywood and scott topic but here is a little clip of the exhaust. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Mark G said:

Far too common for me, they are everywhere, as you well know.....................

@Mark G Well now let's see for example let's make the parallel with people after all those of us with Silver hair of which there are many on this site are level headed sensible successful bit like me really........... cough .......... cough 

Whereas people with blue hair are viewed somewhat differently..............

IMG_0493.JPG.40751fa4afb9eed35c6b305fab780711.JPG

Big Rat

• Like 1

@kieron1977 Nice pics Kieron is it your place or a rental, being a builder always fancied doing a refurb on a rural French pile, unfortunately Mrs Rat isn't in the loop can't think why after all I've only bought and lived 44 over the years 😂

Big Rat

• Like 1

Just now, Big Rat said:

@kieron1977 Nice pics Kieron is it your place or a rental, being a builder always fancied doing a refurb on a rural French pile, unfortunately Mrs Rat isn't in the loop can't think why after all I've only bought and lived 44 over the years 😂

Big Rat

Oh by the way the motor looks pretty good as well 👍

@kieron1977 Yes it does look great, got a lot of family in the Somme/Albert region they are all farmers some fantastic properties which they all have built themselves over some 400 years and costantly rebuilt through a number of wars !

Rurally still a country that has a lot going for it in the cities I'm not so sure 😕

Big Rat

3 minutes ago, kieron1977 said:

Hi dougie, just done 450 miles today from rennes to bruges and was no problem. When you're Not flooring it, its very refined and did Not notice any drone at all. 

Ideal sounds like a very well tuned setup then, this is something I would love to achieve on my 250, silence driving about normal, but a bit more beef under wide open throttle. Its a very difficult balance to achieve though!