Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New IS 300 owner saying hello!

rich1068

Hi everyone.

Dipping my toe into Lexus waters with a rather nice 2002 IS 300. Here are a couple of pics outside the dealers today. I should be picking it up in a day or two.

MOVf0asl.jpg

UO73fK8l.jpg

53k miles, one lady owner, serviced yearly at Lexus Sheffield. Lovely stuff :wink3:

• Like 6

Welcome!

I assume this is the one I have in my favourites on the Used Lexus website - which doesn't have any pictures yet! :biggrin: If so 53k is hardly broken in. Funnily enough, my old girl was a Lexus Sheffield car as well.

Let us know how you get on.

1 hour ago, Shahpor said:

Doesn't everyone do that? :tongue::smile:

Terrible isn't it? A different favourite every day. I never get a thing done. 

52 minutes ago, gdh300 said:

Welcome!

I assume this is the one I have in my favourites on the Used Lexus website - which doesn't have any pictures yet! :biggrin: If so 53k is hardly broken in. Funnily enough, my old girl was a Lexus Sheffield car as well.

Let us know how you get on.

It is indeed that one. I had to move fast because they were getting a lot of enquiries even without the pics. Absolutely top money but with the history and a full 1 year Lexus warranty I don't think it's too bad. And it's about a 5 minute walk from where I work. Fate. 

Always been a big Partridge fan too. 

Good that you get a year's warranty; watch those front calipers, slide pins and and carriers like a hawk! Any hint a side is getting sticky, get them to sort them. Those and corrosion of the sills have been my only problems.

I did read an advert on Autotrader the other night that said: "THIS WILL BE A FUTURE CLASSIC!". Hmm, think classic is pushing it, but in twenty year's time, who knows? If you don't ever drive it, it might be a long term investment! :wink3:

Remember to get some string-back gloves for the full Partridge...

2 hours ago, gdh300 said:

Good that you get a year's warranty; watch those front calipers, slide pins and and carriers like a hawk! Any hint a side is getting sticky, get them to sort them. Those and corrosion of the sills have been my only problems.

They're things are they? Thanks for the advice. I'll have a bit of a read up. By sticky do you mean binding on?

I did mention it was a bit of an impulse buy, I know next to nothing about Lexi other than I'm a sucker for a straight six and rear wheel drive.

2 hours ago, TigerFish said:

Nice. Welcome to LOC :cool:

Thank you. Picking it up Friday and I'm getting a little impatient.

2 hours ago, gdh300 said:

Remember to get some string-back gloves for the full Partridge...

Obvs.

1st gen IS is a brilliant exterior design. Does not look out of place on the road today. Beautiful car there.

I loved my IS200 but always wanted more power - IS300 is perfect.

Thank you all for your kind words.

Just a thought but like many now bargain performance-lite machines (Lexus IS, BMW E46/E90, Audi A3/A4) there seems to be an element of owners that shall we say, you wouldn't trust with your daughter. Should I be worried about where I park this? Are bits likely to go missing while I sleep soundly? I once had the window smashed and airbag pinched out of a 2011 E91. That sort of thing. The last couple of cars I've had have been a little more stealthy but the Lexus is a bit in your face.

5 hours ago, rich1068 said:

I will more than likely drown you all in pictures because obviously you've never seen a 2002 IS before. I hope nobody minds?

Knock yourself out. :smile:

It is strange because, like you said, finding pictures of IS's isn't difficult, but it is still nice to see people posting pictures of their cars.

Here we go...

M2pieJHl.jpg

Qq495R6l.jpg

WErQOKsl.jpg

TsFJat8l.jpg

roswxGvl.jpg

G4ihSgRl.jpg

Not the best pics I'm afraid. I had to bring it inside. I went over the car with a fine tooth comb and other than a little wear and tear I think it can be described as mint.

I can't recommend Lexus Sheffield enough. The whole process was professional, personal and efficient from start to finish. I may have paid top money for it but they've carried out an intermediate service, fitted two new tyres to the front, tracked it, MOT'd it, taxed it for 12 months, given me a year's breakdown cover and a 1 year warranty. The valet is excellent too.

All in all very pleased and I've had chance to drive it all of about 5 miles! Better pics to come.

• Like 3

It is obviously "new Lexus day".  I got hold of my RX tonight, but it is raining so no pics from me yet.  First impressions are great, but like you I have only driven it about 5 miles.  It certainly has elements of my old 2004 IS300 in the cabin.

What a fantastic looking car.  What colour is that?

If you plan to keep the car long term then it makes sense to pay over the odds for such a car.

It has an almost perfect MOT history with the most minor issues and a consistent 3-4k miles usage a year. 

It is indeed Granite Sky. The pictures really don't do it justice. It's in remarkably good condition having been garaged for 15 years.

So, when do we all meet up? :wink3: