Hi all,

can an anyone recommend a good replacement gear knob for is220d. Got quoted from Lexus £150 quid for a new one. Just wanting to know if anyone has replace there’s and if so what with.

ta

Joel

Hi Joel,

I am afraid I can't speak for aftermarket, but have you tried any breakers on Ebay?  A second hand one should be more reasonably priced, and they seem to be quite hard wearing.

There were for genuine F-sport ones on ebay from US... I believe around £37. Sadly, didn't get mine back then, but keep an eye on ebay - you can quite often find refurbished and mint condition ones in sub-£50 range. Optionally, you can contact places which does re-upholstery - if steering wheel is £120-140 to do, I am sure gear knob not going to cost more than £40.

Yeah think you will get 1 cheaper than £50! Theres a few people like me with mint ones in the shed where we have replaced them with the F-Sport carbon fibre knob!

53 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Cheers have emailed to see if he gets a Manuel gear knob at those prices 

On 09/08/2017 at 0:26 AM, Shahpor said:

Hi Joel,

I am afraid I can't speak for aftermarket, but have you tried any breakers on Ebay?  A second hand one should be more reasonably priced, and they seem to be quite hard wearing.

Cheers I’m looking all the time 

Sorry, I should have noticed you have IS220d... just completely forgotten it had no auto option. Here is the trick part - Auto gear knob were the same on many cars e.g. RX, IS, GS, LS and I believe ES, whereas manual knob was only on IS220d and 250MT (which is even rarer) and that was only sold in EU which is niche market for Lexus, so very rare option outside of EU. I guess that explains why manual gear knob is much harder to find ... my next suggestion would be to get your current one refurbished.

Other option Toyota Avensis gear knob or aftermarket gear knobs for Avensis should fit, though is not the same design some aftermarket ones looks very similar to original.

Thanks that’s worth a shot to look at what’s available for a Toyota Avensis

I'm in the same boat. I have 09 is220d and been trying to get a decent manual replacement knob for ages, still not found anything decent. 

If anyone does find any please post a link 

New Lexus IS Leather Gear Stick Shift Knob Screw On Type Manual Transmission, £40 INC POSTAGE FROM 

Item location:
Klaipėda, Lithuania,