Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car failed MOT today due to number plates not having a "BS number" or the name of the number plate manufacturer displayed, learn something new all the time. Back in tomorrow for a free retest with proper plates.

Some advisories were;

Large stone chip on windscreen passenger side, smaller than 10mm.

Cut on inside tyre but not through to cord.

Front break pads worn but not at limit, this I was aware of as I check myself.

For 113038 miles not to bad.

• Like 4

@Mark6pot Mark Nah Matey that's chicken feed at those miles. 

Now with me being a bit of a research freak I know of the full index numbers of 98 ISF's + another 20 that are on cherished transfers. I've looked at the MOT history of everyone of these cars irrespective of the mileage and they are what I can only discribe as bloody good 😊 

So out of all of the data I've got the mileages are in between 15008 and 211344 for all years covering 08 to 63. And I looked at this last month.

One thing and one thing only is abundantly clear and it's this....

Inner tyre wear to both fronts is mentioned in nearly every single car every year sometimes failure but mostly advisory irrespective of mileage.

It is extremely rare for suspension steering to even be mentioned again irrespective of age and mileage.

The strange anomalies that come up fairly often is 'engine tray covers obscure steering suspension components' but I've yet to see this result in a fail.

The odd windscreen chip like yourself and advisories figure fairly regularly for pad wear.

One or two for lighting issues but again rarely.

I think this speaks voulumes for the build quality of these cars, I'm in the process of doing some comparisons with the same number of random chosen M3 C63 of the same age range to see what's thrown up, hope some find this interesting.

Big Rat

• Like 6

Thats a coincidence, had an MOT fail due to front number plate not being securely attached (double sided tape fail), dealer fitted new plates front and back FoC, which was nice. Also got an advisory on the rear brake pads, I know they will need doing soon and, GASP, a rear shock absorber has got a slight seep. Not enough to do under warranty yet (it is covered) so I'll see how it's doing at the next service.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JonP said:

oh and strangely, I've never had uneven wear on the inside of the front tyres......

@JonP The tyre wear is an odd one my fronts have done almost 20k with up to a couple of weeks ago 4mm across the whole width of the tyre ( Car now on 42k) then I noticed both inner swearing quite badly, odd I'm relenting now and have spoken with Lexus to make sure it's not a warranty breaker going to fit the LCA from RR Racing in the states as per @Peter P18

Big Rat

• Like 2

That is harsh, I have had plates with no BS number on them countless times, never had a failure however they have mentioned to me that technically they need changing.

I have had tyres wearing on the inside on my other IS models but not this one for some reason.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links