Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Overtaken by my tyre!!!

45 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Not to mention the fine, points and possible ban...

Is it really? what if it was not properly fitted by mechanic when fitting tire or something else?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Is it really? what if was not properly fitted by mechanic when fitting tire or something else?

Think Peter means the ban for doing such speed on a motorway!

• Like 3

Maybe... though the tire will always overtake you at higher speed than you were travelling and Andrew didn't say he was doing 100MPH, just a tire was... and that is not even necessary was in UK.... As such, I assumed it was something to do with the fact that you lost wheel i.e. driving with "not road worthy car" type of thing.

• Like 1

Was on my way back from the airport and as I did a overtake  the rear of the car started to squirm and then ripping and crunching sound followed by a high speed tyre! My next fear was what damage was done followed by changing the wheel on soft mud!

4 minutes ago, A's F-word said:

The rim didn't come off just most of the tyre lol

Ok I see, that is quite lucky then because I though it was like bolts snapped... In which case your rear end would have been obliterated.. And somebody's else car if that rim would hit at 100mph.. 

Not having one fitted would explain the absence of a warning.  I understand some sort of warning system is now mandatory for new cars. It makes sense as slowly deflating tyres are not always obvious