Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2005 RX300 park assist

Hi just bought a 2005 RX300 seems like a good choice so far. I have a reserving camera for parking which works fine, no audible warnings as you get close to something though, just wondered if this is standard...can't see any button to mute or unmute such an alert?

My RX400h now has it, I added a set of Cobra Parkmaster acoustic to compliment the rev camera. Works really well and doesn't break the bank.

https://www.carcommunications.co.uk/car-accessories/driver-safety-aids/parking-and-reversing-sensors/cobra-park-master/cobra-r0294-4-way-22mm-car-audio-rear-parking-sensors

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

You don't need the audio really. When we got our RX300 last year one of the first things I did was to put a traffic cone on my driveway and reverse so that the red line on the camera display was 'touching' the cone (if you see what I mean). I then got out to look and discovered that in reality I could have gone back another 18 inches or so before actually touching it. You'll soon get used to judging the distance :wink3:

• Like 2

Cheers everyone, glad to get this one answered... just need to get a remote for the rear dvd now... no real luck on that forum post other than buying a new dvd player!