Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Owner of an RX

Ian M

Hi.  I'm not really a new member, but I have been absent for a couple of years since selling my IS300 SportCross and buying an Audi.  But I'm back with Lexus again after picking up my new (to me) RX450h yesterday.  Today's task has been to figure out how it all works, a job which I am making progress with but there's a lot to learn! 

I know how much everyone likes pictures, but it was raining when I got the car home yesterday, so here's a few from this morning, along with its stablemate from the opposite end of the Toyota catalogue.

005.jpg

006.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

013.jpg

016.jpg

• Like 2

Hello. Lovely RX! One day, when I can justify... (OK,  afford...!) 

Do you mind me asking you what you think of your IQ? We've got a beaten-up Hyundai i10 as a runabout which we paid £5995 for new seven years ago, but is now getting towards its last legs and needs to be replaced. It's been bomb-proof, but I really like the IQ, and would be tempted by a mint, top-spec, low-mileage, one-elderly-vicar owner etc etc. Sorry - off-topic (and you're probably busy sitting in the Lexus just feeling delighted...). 

• Like 1

The IQ is brilliant at what it does.  That is a 60 plate IQ2, so it has got a pretty decent spec, with the 1.0 3 cylinder engine and a CVT box.  It is now at 47k miles, roughly 12k of which have been done in the 3 years we have owned it.  Totally reliable, oil change once a year and that is it.  Do not even think about it as more than a 2 seater, the back seats are pretty impractical but the front is spaceous and comfortable with a half decent size boot which will take a week's shopping..... more than a Smart car can do!

Obviously, it is in its element in town and the turning circle is so tight you can park anywhere.  On a dual carriageway,  it will keep 75mph easily enough but it is not a quiet cruiser!  If you can find that low mileage mint car, I reckon you should buy it.

Thanks, guys, I am definitely getting used to it and loving the smooth quietness of the car.  Really pleased with the colour too, and I even got a nod from a guy driving another RX on my way home from work tonight!

Sunroof was an essential part of my spec, Steve, I wasn't buying a car without.

Strangely, almost all of my cars have had a sunroof including the RX300 that I have now, but I can never understand either their attraction or why manufacturers put them in cars with aircon/climate control.

Nothing better than setting the cabin temp to what I want and letting the climate control see to it; far, far better than a sunroof in my humble opinion - especially as the sunroof tends to mess with my hair :biggrin:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links