Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav Update

If you wish to update maps on the premium sat nav I have found the following company that people may be interested in.

www.satnavdvd.co.uk  

I have just received and used the update micro sim sent by them.  Found it easy. Inserted it, switched on and everything uploaded automatically.

Good service. Ordered and delivered 3 days. Lot cheaper than Lexus. Cost £49.99 but if you order 2 map updates you get 25% Discount.  Got one for the Lexus and another for sons Audi.

• 2 weeks later...

What was the part number on your previous SD card?  Mine is 86271-30A95.  The site you quote is using PZ445-US335-0K. Are they compatible?  Dealer has quoted me £796 inc VAT for the update :blink:

I have the premier sat nav and the original card is 86271-30A93.  The one he sent installed automatically with no issues and I have used the sat nav on several occasions with no issues.  HOWEVER why does the dealer want £796. You can get map update direct from Lexus for 160 euros.

If you need advice if you e-mail the provider with any queries he responds generally by next working day.

All I did was remove original micro sim. Replaced with new one switched on and it was recognized immediately and updated automatically.

Thanks guys, one snotagram on its way to the dealer.  In terms of free updates that would only normally be for the multimedia system during the warranty period.

It would seem the pillock was quoting for a brand new card and not an update.  However to quote him "Cross referencing the part numbers onto our parts catalogue shows every conceivable option as unavailable. I notice from the link you sent me that they hint around 5 days for delivery. My best advice is that it would seem to be better to order it from them directly. It should only be a matter of inserting the new card in to the system once it arrives. "  

So trying lexus mapupdate website didn't work and their comment was "Unfortunately we cannot find your part number in our database. This means we cannot guarantee that our map updates will work on your navigation system. We advise you to first consult your dealer. He should be able to confirm whether or not there is an update available, and which specific update you need."

Doh!

It therefore looks like www.satnavdvd.co.uk is going to get a new customer.

Eggie, could you look up what map version is shown on your system please?  Mine is as shown on attachment

2017-08-22 16.30.45 (2).jpg

7 hours ago, PhilR said:

It would seem the pillock was quoting for a brand new card and not an update.  However to quote him "Cross referencing the part numbers onto our parts catalogue shows every conceivable option as unavailable. I notice from the link you sent me that they hint around 5 days for delivery. My best advice is that it would seem to be better to order it from them directly. It should only be a matter of inserting the new card in to the system once it arrives. "  

So trying lexus mapupdate website didn't work and their comment was "Unfortunately we cannot find your part number in our database. This means we cannot guarantee that our map updates will work on your navigation system. We advise you to first consult your dealer. He should be able to confirm whether or not there is an update available, and which specific update you need."

Doh!

It therefore looks like www.satnavdvd.co.uk is going to get a new customer.

Eggie, could you look up what map version is shown on your system please?  Mine is as shown on attachment

2017-08-22 16.30.45 (2).jpg

Sorry only just ready that.  I can give version tomorrow. However the date shown of the maps is 1.11.16 which was newer than my old one.I believe lexus do updates around that time for the following year. Perhaps you may be advised to await until November for the next one.

On 26/08/2017 at 10:28 AM, Eggie said:

Further to my response please note the update shows as 02-37-01-(2016-11-1). Hope this helps

Many thanks mate, will wait till after November.

• 3 weeks later...

Had my car serviced today and asked about updating my Sat Nav and was told it was about £200. I don't use it that much and it is rare that anything is wrong, so i will leave it at least another year. 

• 2 months later...

I got quoted £200+ to upgrade the sat nav on a 64 plate NX.

Thought this is outrageous when you use them for servicing . Thought updates would be free.

Using google maps on my phone now but defeats the object of having in built satnav.

Yes, silly money for just a software update. Taking the Micky really. It's the last time I will have sat nav, it's just a rip off, I will stick to either Tom Tom or a freebie on my phone. If you use it daily then fair enough, but I use it less than once a month. 

Edited by Goggy
take out ****