Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Parking sensors and USB/aux audio on IS300

A couple of things need sorting sooner rather than later.

I need to add parking sensors to the rear. Any recommendations, tips, links etc?

Secondly, same goes for adding either USB or aux to the factory headunit so I can get my Spotify back. Again, links, tips etc?

Honestly I'm not being lazy, I did search but most of the threads I came across are three years old or more :smile: Also, since Photobucket in their wisdom broke the internet the GROM how-to is a little hard to follow.

Any help very much appreciated.

Thanks for that. It appears GROM is still the way to go. However, as far as just adding music goes I'm pleasantly surprised by the sound quality of the FM doodaa. The Lexus sound system obviously brings out the best in it.

• 4 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

An update on this.

Never bothered with the parking sensors, I've got used to it now plus brighter bulbs (LEDs).

Re: the audio. In the end I purchased a GROM AUX unit. I decided against Bluetooth streaming because I find the audio compression painful.

Could anyone enlighten me on the standard speaker/amp/sub(?) set up in the IS? Now I'm using a wired connection the sound is very impressive for factory fit. Well it is to me anyway. I bought some Alpine speakers for the front and I'm wondering whether to bother with them.

• 3 weeks later...