Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Personal settings menu

Hi,

If I am asking a stupid question forgive me!  My last two 2007-220D had the facility to hold the lock or open buttons on the key fob to facilitate the windows opening or closing .

Is this not a standard feature on 2012- IS200D F Sport ?

Can't seem to get mine to operate so perhaps its a dealer only set up ?

Appreciate the input

Thanks

Thanks guys, yes you are both correct, I have explored with Lexus GB and they suggest its Techstream dealer set up at a cost of Hourly labour rate, shame its not one of those settings that can be configured in car !

• 1 month later...

I took my car in for a list of issues and the lexus dealer service manager suggested that this fob operated closure/opening of all four windows on my 2012 Is200D F Sport may not be in the set up any longer ?  Can anyone offer any advice as to their similar aged identical model please.  I find this very hard to believe since this was going to be a free and gratis menu change I am wondering if this is a "smoke screen" !!!!!  My 220D's had the option and other models I am aware also have the ability ?

Seems smoke screen for me. I was told same thing about my 2008 SE-L - "your car too old to have personalisation options" even that I have Lexus sheet for new cars with personalisation options and that is for 2005 cars.

My understanding is that all mk2 IS'es had same options and it is long list, dealers are just too lazy to do it and probably equally embarrassed to say that 5min job will cost you £120 (yep that is official cost), so instead they just say they can't do it.

It is called Lexus Personalized settings, here is the sheet:

http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/IS_LPS.pdf

• Like 1

Just to be clear - there are 3 types of configuration:

1. which you can do yourself using combination of key fob
  2. the ones which are possible to complete via OBD2 i.e Carista or other
  3. the ones which are only possible on Toyota Techstream

I am not certain which one is all windows opening/closing feature, but say opening all/only driver doors are self configurable just with fob. What is for sure Lexus dealership can do it, you just need to put some pressure on them.

From the handbook - 

Some function settings are changed simultaneously with other functions being
customized. Contact any authorized Lexus dealer or repairer, or another duly
qualified and equipped professional.

1. Settings that can be changed using the Remote Touch or Lexus Display Audio controller
  2. Settings that can be changed using the meter control switches
  3. Settings that can be changed by any authorized Lexus dealer or repairer, or another duly qualified and equipped professional

Techstream uses the OBDII port as does Carista, Carista mimics the Techstream commands. All windows open/close via the remote fob is option 3 above

Generally agree with everyone's comments. I think the dealer has either forgotten to carry this out on TechStream or has decided to just not bother !  Unsure which one but thanks to all for confirming what I believed to factual that the option was available.

Just about to post another subject in this forum Battery and my ongoing debate with the supplying Lexus dealer !!!!!!!!!

I remember that Carista didn't have some of the options which Techstrem had when I last checked, that might have changed. I believe specifically for me it was an option of locking the door automatically when reaching 13MPH and unlocking when changing to P, which Carista did not have.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links