Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Camera Quality

Hi,

My 2015 Premier's Rear revering camera is not as clear at the camera on my previous car (IS250 F-Sport 2010).

The Quality isn't as sharp/clear. It does the job but I feel it was a move backwards in this day and age of digital imaging.

Anyone else noticed this, Lexus said the picture is normal. I wondered if there was a fault with the camera lens or could the lens be altered to improve it???

my only gripe with the rear view camera is that it isnt heated so the lens clears itself ,

the amount of times i get to work and find there is water on the lens that stops you

seeing clearly behind you.

Thanks for uploading the images. Comparing the image to mine I guess they are fairly similar. Compared to my IS250 (series 2) which was a very sharp image, I feel the current lens is slightly blurred and would benefit from either a better lens or some form of adjustment to bring it into focus. 

16 minutes ago, dougie175 said:

Looking at the images posted I would agreed my 60 plate IS250 rear view camera is sharper, definitely not HD but still a great picture and great for reversing with

I agree doug it not HD but has a great picture especially compared to my wife's 2012 bmw328i. 

It's reassuring to here this. Actually my wife's RAV4 2015 has a much clearer reversing picture than my IS300h. In fact the sat nav map is far more impressive too. I feel inferior thinking about this now!:mellow:

On my 300 the quality is fine.

On my wife's 350 it's better.

BUT...

Just having a camera is good enough for me.

I'd hate to reverse without one.

And to be honest, it's for H&S, so any reasonable quality is good.

I find in the winter - salty roads and muck - a quick thumb wipe every other day is really helpful.

:wheelchair:

Only having the camera now, I'm amazed how much I miss the beepers on my sport.   Wasn't paying £600 just for rear ones, no idea why Lexus dropped front beepers altogether?

Camera quality is ok though, always a pain in the rain, but just then have to old school reverse.   I know 1st world problems.