Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

USRS RR Racing

@dougie175 Precisely what I asked them to elaborate on, the example I've been given by them is 'For instance if there was an issue with vibration that could be attributed to another component associated with for instance the electric steering  rack that would invalidate that component '

New rack 3.5-4.0k a member on here has had one for instance.

Big Rat

• Like 1

Yeah I could agree that basically this will invalidate anything to do with your steering and suspension but if a radiator hose sprung a leak I cant see why this would be invalidated just as an example.

Its difficult as there are no rules as such it will depend how good your relationship is with your dealership as these sort of cases will come down to what they do and don't tell the manufacturer!

• Like 1

I find this aspect curious as other members mention for instance, non standard parts fitted to cars that are on Lexus main dealer forecourts, went to view a car that had non standard discs and pads, they were of the groved type like newer 'F' models.

Big Rat

• Like 1

For those who want to argue with Lexus warranty, my advice would be, don't bother. You'll be the little man fighting a much larger organisation.

If you have a warranty, don't d ick with the car.

• Like 1

Tricky one. I'm not cursed with the whole warranty issue thankfully. I'd agree with others that they'd struggle to deny a warranty claim for say your gearbox based on having aftermarket bushes fitted, but it's a personal choice at the end of the day.

If we get 5 people interested, I'll speak to Simon and Rafi, if not, no drama.

Cheers.

Pete

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Rusty Crobar said:

Put me on the list please, although it would be better if I could pay at the end of October due to having to pay for my wife's expensive taste in holidays 😳

Warrantys are for losers btw 😁

@Rusty Crobar Righto Matey put you on there now, yes this poor little Rat is an obedient loser 😂

🐀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rusty Crobar said:

Put me on the list please, although it would be better if I could pay at the end of October due to having to pay for my wife's expensive taste in holidays 😳

Warrantys are for losers btw 😁

If your gearbox blows Rusty don't come crying to us when Mrs Rusty has to holiday to a dump like this...... 

_20170817_195728.thumb.JPG.bfb22cb719e7048c3e8023ee418af368.JPG

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

If your gearbox blows Rusty don't come crying to us when Mrs Rusty has to holiday to a dump like this...... 

_20170817_195728.thumb.JPG.bfb22cb719e7048c3e8023ee418af368.JPG

@emjay82 Hey don't you dare say that's where you've been staying, here's my week off the bloody driveway.......IMG_3182.thumb.JPG.bef87fa1d501360c1244fea88e300480.JPG

🐀

• Like 1

Funny thing is they don't object or refuse to service my car every year?! Far from it. Love the folks at Lexus Canterbury.

Just suddenly dawned on me they are fine with servicing a modified car, just not honouring their warranties! :whistling:

Hope none of you are using non-Lexus cleaning products?!?! :w00t:

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Peter P18 said:

Funny thing is they don't object or refuse to service my car every year?! Far from it. Love the folks at Lexus Canterbury.

Just suddenly dawned on me they are fine with servicing a modified car, just not honouring their warranties! :whistling:

@Peter P18 VW used to get funny if you used any brand other than there's for the screen wash !

How they knew was beyond me maybe a tongue  test 😩

🐀

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Peter P18 VW used to get funny if you used any brand other than there's for the screen wash !

How they knew was beyond me maybe a tongue  test 😩

🐀

This may well be linked to the big paint warranty issue VW had on the FOX where they were coming from factory with such high concentrations screen wash it was stripping paint from the area between the washer jets and the screen where a bit would land on the bonnet on the paintwork. 

Someone at factory obviously forgot to water down the highly concentrated screen wash

10 minutes ago, dougie175 said:

This may well be linked to the big paint warranty issue VW had on the FOX where they were coming from factory with such high concentrations screen wash it was stripping paint from the area between the washer jets and the screen where a bit would land on the bonnet on the paintwork. 

Someone at factory obviously forgot to water down the highly concentrated screen wash

@dougie175 They water it down you should think such a thing 😊

🐀

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@emjay82 Hey don't you dare say that's where you've been staying, here's my week off the bloody driveway.......IMG_3182.thumb.JPG.bef87fa1d501360c1244fea88e300480.JPG

🐀

Better watch out 🐀, a certain channel 4 presenter will like the look of that dig....

_20170817_204535.thumb.JPG.21f887b65e4d6f3ca1d5792a62cc586f.JPG

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@dougie175 They water it down you should think such a thing 😊

🐀

If anyone needs some VW screenwash to get through a warranty scrutiny just pop round I have a shed full of the stuff, TPS give it away free to their "valued" customers

• Like 1

Just now, dougie175 said:

If anyone needs some VW screenwash to get through a warranty scrutiny just pop round I have a shed full of the stuff, TPS give it away free to their "valued" customers

Not me matey those VW people have a certain reputation that proceeds them 😉

🐀

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Peter P18 said:

Cleaning products? Are we supposed to clean our own cars? Surely Lexus does that? 

Mind you, I swear one dealer (who I will not name) must have used a dead squirrel to clean my F once.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Flytvr said:

Cleaning products? Are we supposed to clean our own cars? Surely Lexus does that? 

Mind you, I swear one dealer (who I will not name) must have used a dead squirrel to clean my F once.

@Peter P18 Peter know what you mean they will do anything to make money the little fella Bristol use looks exhausted 😂

IMG_3187.JPG.0ffc32ebe0d779ccc4d2f389fa5043bd.JPG

Big Rat

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Peter P18 Peter know what you mean they will do anything to make money the little fella Bristol use looks exhausted 😂

IMG_3187.JPG.0ffc32ebe0d779ccc4d2f389fa5043bd.JPG

Big Rat

If I could I would double like that, got me laughing out loud in the office at work!

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, dougie175 said:

If I could I would double like that, got me laughing out loud in the office at work!

@dougie175 Matey it's the norm for me everyone I come into contact with laughs at me....... 😉

🐀

• Like 2