Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Quick question

messi

Since I've had my sc the satnav hasn't been working, I really think Lexus satnav are rubbish and I use my Google maps so haven't been bothered to get it looked at, but I'm hoping someone can help

I get this mesg saying unable to read data. Check if map dvd is correct. Does that mean the satnav player has had it or is it just the disc itself?

Thanks in advance

Here's my grumble. All proprietary car sat navs are rubbish (with the exception of the Tesla's, which is brilliant. Amazing. Amazing car.) Car companies seem to be filled with engineers who think that complexity is artful. In fact, I think that all modern car info and control systems are all rubbish, and that an android or iOS system designed for cars with apps for running car systems would be the way to go, instead of each car company coming up with ways to reinvent the wheel(s).

Qamar, what is the date and version of the disc?

Has someone inserted a disc that is too recent for the software to process?

I might have a disc you could try.

48 minutes ago, GrahamG said:

Qamar, what is the date and version of the disc?

Has someone inserted a disc that is too recent for the software to process?

I might have a disc you could try.

Your right it could be an updated disc I'm not too sure though. Can you tell from the pic I've put up.

The disc is clearly version 1 from 2001 and presumably came with the car, so it should work.

Might be worth cleaning it and trying a few repeated inserts.

On 8/17/2017 at 2:08 PM, Newbie1 said:

Here's my grumble. All proprietary car sat navs are rubbish (with the exception of the Tesla's, which is brilliant. Amazing. Amazing car.) Car companies seem to be filled with engineers who think that complexity is artful. In fact, I think that all modern car info and control systems are all rubbish, and that an android or iOS system designed for cars with apps for running car systems would be the way to go, instead of each car company coming up with ways to reinvent the wheel(s).

I can't agree on Android or IOS systems for cars, that would be scary but I must admit the Tesla's Sat Nav does look impressive. When it can do 500 miles on a 5 minute charge, I might consider one but I suspect by then apple or Google will have created a carriage without a steering wheel altogether.

Though we frequently argue, I've grown to appreciate the alternative view that the Lexus lady provides on the best direction of travel but if I really need to get from A to B in the quickest time, in unfamiliar territory, I use an old fashioned map and co-driver. You can search for updates online but it's an expensive business to swap them out and compatibility remains an issue so if you find one that reads the road quickly, my advice is to look no further. 

On 19/08/2017 at 0:17 AM, Neil E said:

Though we frequently argue, I've grown to appreciate the alternative view that the Lexus lady provides on the best direction of travel 

I want to marry my Sat Nav lady. If I ever make a mistake she just quickly recalculates a new route. Unlike the real wife.......................

• Like 1

Garmin or Tomtom, Lexus sat nav is a PITA.

On route to my sons house it diverts me through a council estate before putting me back on the main road I was directed off.

The stupid thing does it regularly.