Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Extended Warranty

Whites

When I purchased my CT200 last week, they said the warranty runs out next March time and cannot be extended which I thought was a worry, have trawled the internet I found the below, when I collected the car I had already emailed the dealer asking him, and there reply was" this is very new and did not know" is this the case or do they just don't like telling you.

The Hybrid Health Check is free of charge as part of any Lexus Service. But if you aren't due for a service for a while, you can maintain your peace of mind with a stand alone Hybrid Health Check for just £59.

You will benefit from an extra 1 year or 10,000 mile (whichever comes sooner) hybrid Battery warranty extension with each Hybrid Health Check. This is available up to the 10th anniversary of the vehicle’s registration with no limit on total mileage. Terms and Conditions apply, please contact your Centre for full details.

Hi Wayne, first of all, welcome to the LOC.

Let's see if I'm reading this right.  Hopefully, you purchased your car last week, a 2014 CT200 from a Lexus Main Dealer? Is it a pre approved pre owned? if so, it comes with a 1 year full equivalent manufacturers warranty. I can't work out why a 2014 car's warranty will run out in March 2018, but that's by the by.

The Hybrid Batteries are covered for 5 years from manufacture.The hybrid health check isn't new, I think I've had mine included in the service for the last 3 or 4 years.

I don't think you need to worry for the next 12 months, the chances are, nothing will go wrong, but, and I think it's a big but, if it does, the Main Dealer will cover it.

Enjoy your new car  (next August you can start a thread on here regarding the purchasing of Warranties)

Graham.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, graham8370 said:

Let's see if I'm reading this right.  Hopefully, you purchased your car last week, a 2014 CT200 from a Lexus Main Dealer? Is it a pre approved pre owned? if so, it comes with a 1 year full equivalent manufacturers warranty. I can't work out why a 2014 car's warranty will run out in March 2018, but that's by the by.

I can confirm what Graham says. I bought my non-hybrid Lexus last week too (Lexus Sheffield) and it came with a full 1 year warranty. I should also point out that it's 15 years old so there's nothing stopping a dealer offering a warranty at any point. Obviously there's some confusion somewhere and I suggest you speak to someone else at the dealership.

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Saw the Emoji film last week in Dundee with the grandkids Lee. Never understood the purpose of it !!

Regards

John

Bless, read it along the lines of 'so hilarious it made me cry'.