Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

does any one know which wire feeds the reversing circuit from the left rear of the car rx450h, got a westfalia wiring kit which says to find the reversing wire behind the left hand rear wiring loom but doesn't tell you which, in the instructions it says it may be white but their are 3 at least and i don't have a circuit finder. hope someone can help as the cars currently in bits.

I've installed Polish kit and our 2008 RX400h was tough cookie with reverse... until realized that its wiring goes from lift gate motor harness

Then extended reverse wire and routed it passenger side to harness and soldered Y-junction.

Just pull off seal and push wire under upholstery, then remove rubber gusset for connecting.

Don't remember wire coloring but it's easy to check by removing inner panel to access reverse bulb.

As all is open better swap all traditional bulbs...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 2

should have said its a rx450h sorry, the wires to the reverse lights are white with black both sides and then one side green one side yellow so i assume they link somewhere and become one common cable which is where the quandry starts what colour do they go to.

2 hours ago, granadaman said:

should have said its a rx450h sorry, the wires to the reverse lights are white with black both sides and then one side green one side yellow so i assume they link somewhere and become one common cable which is where the quandry starts what colour do they go to.

The white/black are the earth connections so either the green or yellow is the one you want. If you can't find it in the loom, just run a wire from wherever you're working to the reverse light and pick it up there.

found it this afternoon it is a white plain cable, harder was the charger circuit which needed a switched live which i picked up off the boot cigarette lighter. thanks for any replies if anyone needs any help let me know i can tell you how to do it now.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
On 8/17/2017 at 9:44 PM, granadaman said:

found it this afternoon it is a white plain cable, harder was the charger circuit which needed a switched live which i picked up off the boot cigarette lighter. thanks for any replies if anyone needs any help let me know i can tell you how to do it now.

Hi, would you be able to remember how to locate correct cable? As going through the same pain as you at the moment!

Cheers

IMG20230209131654.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links