Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is your F 100% stock?

Is your F 100% stock?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Is your F 100% stock?

• Yes, no changes whatsoever
    • No, I've played with the exhaust, suspension, etc

No. Toms air filter and secondary de cat exhaust system. I had the switchable exhaust valve removed as it didn't work properly. Oversized tyres all round too. Just been serviced by Lexus Canterbury who gave it a clean bill of health, commented on how nice the exhaust was and were happy to warrant the car for two years!

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Mattmech Well done matey another couple of years trouble free motoring, seems I'm only left with the cat back exhaust option for now, you've probably mentioned it before but who's system have you got?

Big Rat

Paul, it was a copy of the Joe z system if i recall. It was fitted to the car when I bought it. Gibletph owned it and had it made. As mentioned it did have a switchable bypass on the near side back box. This valve was seized, so I had it cut out and a new section welded in. Secondary cats are removed, through an x pipe and twin pipes down the run of the car, going off to two small silencers. This has retained the standard tips. Not quite as aggressive as the H&S system but makes a nice noise.

looks similar to the pic below.

matt1187398603_aMSoK-L.jpg

• Like 4

Borla catback exhaust, K&N air intake system, subtle rear diffuser, vaistech wireless audio module and larger tyres all round. And, hopefully, I'll get the USRS kit.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Dar said:

@flytvr is yours stock? I kinda recall from the blat that you said it was??

Yes bud. By the look of it, one of the few. With @Big Rat about to butcher his suspension, there'll be one less stock out there

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Yes bud. By the look of it, one of the few. With @Big Rat about to butcher his suspension, there'll be one less stock out there

@Flytvr Hey stop spreading vicious rumours those nasty Lexus people in the warranty say no 😕

Dont you ever read any of my hugely interesting fantastically funny immensely informative posts and updates 😂

@Dar Don't listen to him his car isn't standard anyway it's a 08/09 interior hybrid 😂

Big Rat

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Rat said:

@Flytvr Dont you ever read any of my hugely interesting fantastically funny immensely informative posts and updates 😂

No, But I do have  a little game going on. It is based on the least number of words I can type that will invoke a long winded reaction from @Big Rat :yes:

• Like 2

I respect those who stick to stock, those cars will be valuable when these become classics!

Luckily my old, high mileage example will never fetch top dollar so I don't feel guilty chaving it up 😀.

I like to be different and I also like to address any weaknesses in my cars so I'll always go the modifying route. My car is nearly perfect for my needs (scaring small children and annoying the police mainly), just needs better steering, a louder sound system and some new paint. Hopefully these will be sorted by the end of the year 🖒

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Rusty Crobar said:

I respect those who stick to stock, those cars will be valuable when these become classics!

Luckily my old, high mileage example will never fetch top dollar so I don't feel guilty chaving it up 😀.

I like to be different and I also like to address any weaknesses in my cars so I'll always go the modifying route. My car is nearly perfect for my needs (scaring small children and annoying the police mainly), just needs better steering, a louder sound system and some new paint. Hopefully these will be sorted by the end of the year 🖒

Are you keeping track of the £s?

18 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

No, But I do have  a little game going on. It is based on the least number of words I can type that will invoke a long winded reaction from @Big Rat :yes:

@Flytvr That's it I knew it comes from a University based education..... unlike what I nowt got innit 😂

🐀

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Rusty Crobar said:

@Rusty Crobar I like you because you plough your own farrow, well that won't happen as long as you stay on the tarmac !

As regards the steering feel you thought about the USRS ?

🐀

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark G said:

Mine is far from standard, I have stainless steel valve caps........................ON EVERY WHEEL............................

and a Kwik Fit exhaust!!!!

• Like 1

Just now, Flytvr said:

and a Kwik Fit exhaust!!!!

But it is the valve caps that are the stand out feature of what is otherwise a very quiet and unassuming car.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................and driver..........................................

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rusty Crobar said:

Um, no! I keep all the receipts in a locked box, only to be looked at when I sell the car 😀

Hide the key from the Mrs!

• Like 1