Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Encouragement for LS430 owners!

The car does look mint, but there's a 2006 model on AutoTrader with just over 130000 miles on that looks mint too for  £4700 or something like that so I think he's asking far too much for one that's done over 300000, don't care if it's one of the last ls430, it's still way too much.

• Like 1

It comes up very good on an MOT check, 327k is meaningless to both the 430 & the 400s if most other things are good, in this case everything is good. For a large luxury saloon car 4k is not excessive

the seller is a business and not the private individual that's driven and owned it ?

The Return Conditions .............  why specify them if you're not running scared of a Return !

Price, well, who knows what it's really worth ........  try to get Agreed Value on an insurance policy and then one would find out for sure I guess.

But at  £4k,............  peanuts really in the great scheme of buying a used car and at least with this one you can be pretty sure it's had good maintenance for it to have covered such monster miles.  :wink3:

Malc

58 minutes ago, Malc said:

the seller is a business and not the private individual that's driven and owned it ?

The Return Conditions .............  why specify them if you're not running scared of a Return !

Price, well, who knows what it's really worth ........  try to get Agreed Value on an insurance policy and then one would find out for sure I guess.

But at  £4k,............  peanuts really in the great scheme of buying a used car and at least with this one you can be pretty sure it's had good maintenance for it to have covered such monster miles.  :wink3:

Malc

They can try and over ride the laws of this country but the laws still protect you regardless of what they write.

Still a lot of money for a car that's been to the moon and back.

That is a high mileage and although I have no doubt the engine can handle it, I am not so certain about the wear on other parts. 

That is a lot of money to take the risk. I do enjoy seeing cars with huge mileages but I would also like to know what they have had replaced in that time. A good honest report from an owner is worth more than any sales waffle.

I would pass on this one ......... if it was VERY cheap ..... it might be "fun" to see how long it lasts!

Well now, the price wasn't something I even noticed.  The point of mentioning this was simply to consider the mileage and the fact it still apperntly runs like new.  It says much about the build quality.  Personally I would think 2k with that mileage would be enough.  It also means I have a potential 200+k to go!  Although a tail light failure warning came on yesterday, disgusting!!

• Like 2

Since the topic has turned to pricing have a look at this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-LS-2005-430-4-3-V8-4dr-Auto-ACC-PCS-Saloon-/322608535311?hash=item4b1cf7970f:g:5J4AAOSwR4FZgppc

I can't figure why a main dealer would be selling a 12 year old Lexus LS430 with over 100k on the clock for 10K??

It does seem strange for a main dealer.  I could maybe understand if it had very low mileage, and 10k?  Surely that nearly double its value.

our good friend from dudley also has a 430 with a lot less miles and a lot less money .i do wonder were he does get these cars .even his recent court case hasnt stopped him

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, messi said:

The one is Dudley is abit odd. It's a premium pack but doesn't have the rear massaging seats etc

Marked as a diesel on the mot checker

and only a couple of mots are there???

And he says in ad he will get a new mot tomorrow, so I guess he means his friend will pass it and won't disclose any faults there may be on the car 

• Like 2

The silver one originally mentioned is being sold by a chap who's regularly on Facebook . He breaks them or sells better ones. He actually bought mine. Very nice bloke who really knows his stuff

21 hours ago, dendonc said:

It comes up very good on an MOT check, 327k is meaningless to both the 430 & the 400s if most other things are good, in this case everything is good. For a large luxury saloon car 4k is not excessive

£4K certainly is excessive!!! 327k isn't meaningless and will take its toll on any car no matter how well made it is or what the seller says and what maintenance its had. Many people  state this sort of mileages are nothing to these engines but there is far more to a car than just its engine. You can bet the interior, the seats, carpets, the electrics, the switchgear, suspension components, steering components are all going to be showing plenty evidence of high mileage. You can get a far lower mileage example for the same or less money. This guy is simply trying it on and only a fool would pay £4K for a car with so many miles on the clock. Remember the LS430 isn't a particularly special car, it's a very nice car but is still just another large luxury saloon.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Normski said:

327k?! Blimey. To me the car could be like Triggers broom ;)

(link here if you want a chuckle) :biggrin:

Love that scene!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Taking about over pricing check this one out. http://m.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C902086

It's our old friend Baz, no doubt it will slowly come down in price as he always likes to over price his cars and drops the price as no one is interested, but the excuses hahaha, he's already had a white ls400 and didn't get many jobs in it, in fact I've heard he didn't get any weddings jobs in it and now he wants another white one haha 

11 minutes ago, messi said:

Taking about over pricing check this one out. http://m.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C902086

It's our old friend Baz, no doubt it will slowly come down in price as he always likes to over price his cars and drops the price as no one is interested, but the excuses hahaha, he's already had a white ls400 and didn't get many jobs in it, in fact I've heard he didn't get any weddings jobs in it and now he wants another white one haha 

Another best car he's ever had then!

14 hours ago, cruisermark said:

I can't figure why a main dealer would be selling a 12 year old Lexus LS430 with over 100k on the clock for 10K??

.....and to add to the confusion it says 0 previous owners:yes: