Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thank you to all of you helping me with useful advice for me to consider on getting a car with unforgettable experiences once on hand. I will keep looking at autotrader and see any good example with all stock parts and in good condition. Probably I will get one by September. One more thing is that what insurance company you guys are using ? As I am just 23 and I have quoted with £3k to £4k on confused, any other companies you guys recommend with cheap and good and reliable ? Thanks :)

• Like 1

@joachim_tang Joachim I'm an old man so insurance is cheap, I've just used Adrian Flux off of this site a few days ago and it was £405.05

Give them a try I guess it's just a case of hitting the phones or price comparison sites, personally I wouldn't use them but stick with it.

Best of luck.

Big Rat

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Martin F said:

If you have a digital right foot from driving too many hot hatches then you will have trouble.

However if you have an analogue right foot and the ability to drive to the conditions then you will be fine. 

I laughed harder than I should, i'm showing my geekness here.

• Like 2

I've only had mine a month but do daily drive her. Averaging around 18 mpg but I seem to be infected with the mentioned digital right foot!!

As said in the past, it is such a dual character car. Leave it to do its thing early in the morning in auto. Then put it in manual mode on the way home from work and have a bit of fun!!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Wellsey said:

I've only had mine a month but do daily drive her. Averaging around 18 mpg but I seem to be infected with the mentioned digital right foot!!

As said in the past, it is such a dual character car. Leave it to do its thing early in the morning in auto. Then put it in manual mode on the way home from work and have a bit of fun!!

@Wellsey It's good to hear that you are doing daily drive to your F. How you think when daily driving on an ISF ? Is she easy to manage on everything, such as fuel, maintenance and the ride so far ??? Thanks for your advice.

7 hours ago, Martin F said:

Nope, that's the infamous Gregg's right foot :tongue:

Is that where builders end up when they are supposed to be ANYWHERE ELSE!!!

In all fairness, our Ratty is too posh for greggs. Only the other day, his butler was complaining about Ratty's quails eggs falling though the BBQ grill. Ratty loves a quails egg!

• Like 4

On 8/21/2017 at 4:55 PM, joachim_tang said:

@Wellsey It's good to hear that you are doing daily drive to your F. How you think when daily driving on an ISF ? Is she easy to manage on everything, such as fuel, maintenance and the ride so far ??? Thanks for your advice.

She's been absolutely golden so far (touches wood). She does like to drink but I'm lucky enough to have quiet country roads on my run to work. So the temptation to have a play is greatly increased.

Only thing that is a tad annoying is the size of the tank. At 60 litres, I fill up every week now, instead of every 2. Could think of worse sacrifices (says coming from an Alfa....).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wellsey said:

She's been absolutely golden so far (touches wood). She does like to drink but I'm lucky enough to have quiet country roads on my run to work. So the temptation to have a play is greatly increased.

Only thing that is a tad annoying is the size of the tank. At 60 litres, I fill up every week now, instead of every 2. Could think of worse sacrifices (says coming from an Alfa....).

@Wellsey Thanks for sharing your experience. I am keep searching for an ISF within my budget everyday on autotrader and eBay and pistonheads. As heard from you, the F is a bit thirsty on fuel, I have expected that too haha as when I was driving my IS250 it gave me like one week plus few days more from a full tank, so I expect the ISF will be as thirsty as the IS250 V6 or even more thirsty... Apart from the fuel, everything is fun ??? haha How much you bought yours and whats the mileage around ? I saw one in silver on autotrader which is a good price 

On 8/21/2017 at 3:38 PM, Big Rat said:

@joachim_tang Joachim I'm an old man so insurance is cheap, I've just used Adrian Flux off of this site a few days ago and it was £405.05

Give them a try I guess it's just a case of hitting the phones or price comparison sites, personally I wouldn't use them but stick with it.

Best of luck.

Big Rat

I agree, Adrian flux were good to me too.

I daily drive my car and the only cost since January has been fuel.  Averaging 24mpg on country roads and A1 so not bad considering it's a 400bhp+ V8

• Like 2