AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.


Recommended Posts

AdeIS200    3

Owned my IS200 for a week now and loving it although it does like a bit of a drinky drinky!

Quick question, could someone tell me if the TRC/SNOW buttons should light up with the rest of the buttons when the lights are on? Mine don't.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

gdh300    40

I waited for it to get dark (and very wet!) and went outside to check; either we both have duff bulbs or no, they are not illuminated.

Looking into it a bit more, this spare is listed on ebay:

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.9d0882cca39c5c6edf7ca8ab636c13a6.jpg

I'm pretty sure the small circular bit is a bulb holder. Might be worth trying to (carefully!) prise it out. If it works out, I might try mine... :wink3:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
J Henderson    223

It wasn't illuminated on my old IS200.

You could pull it out and trade positions with the r/h heated seat switch so it's in the middle for a nice symmetrical look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, they both light up along with the two heated seat buttons... Give that little round section a twist and you will find a tiny bulb underneath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AdeIS200    3

Aha! Yep bulb is black so presume its blown. Looks to be pretty unique so doubt local motor factors can help here.

Toyota jobbie or ebay for a second hand switch I reckon.

J Henderson you speak to my inner OCD, I was thinking just that myself!

Thanks all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AdeIS200    3

£6 for the bulb from Toyota, same on ebay + p&p.

Think I'll cope without a light in there for now unless I take a chance on a 2nd hand switch for a fiver!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never removed one from my Lex but the fitting appears to be similar to the ones in the switches in my RangeRover Classic so I would guess that they are a pretty common  item... Someone did tell me the name of the bulb. If I remember,I'll let you know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rich1068    43
On 8/20/2017 at 2:59 PM, AdeIS200 said:

Owned my IS200 for a week now and loving it although it does like a bit of a drinky drinky!

Quick question, could someone tell me if the TRC/SNOW buttons should light up with the rest of the buttons when the lights are on? Mine don't.

Thanks.

 

On 8/20/2017 at 8:59 PM, gdh300 said:

I waited for it to get dark (and very wet!) and went outside to check; either we both have duff bulbs or no, they are not illuminated.

Looking into it a bit more, this spare is listed on ebay:

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.9d0882cca39c5c6edf7ca8ab636c13a6.jpg

I'm pretty sure the small circular bit is a bulb holder. Might be worth trying to (carefully!) prise it out. If it works out, I might try mine... :wink3:

 

On 8/20/2017 at 9:13 PM, J Henderson said:

It wasn't illuminated on my old IS200.

You could pull it out and trade positions with the r/h heated seat switch so it's in the middle for a nice symmetrical look.

I was away last week when I read this and I got a bit confused. Still am. This is the button layout in mine...

nRyAZmfl.jpg

PWR and SNOW buttons to the left of the gear lever and buttons for the heated seats and TRC OFF in front. Are they in different positions on yours? I understand what J Henderson is saying about symmetry but the TRC and SNOW buttons are quite separate??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

J Henderson    223

Yes, that's the factory layout but a common mod is to swap the positions of the TRC button with the R/H heated seat button. Like so..

2.jpg

Just push the switches out from behind, disconnect the cable and re-fit them in the new location.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AdeIS200    3

Yours is an auto rich and looks to have a different layout to a manual pictured above by JH. You have extra switches by the gear lever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rich1068    43
10 hours ago, J Henderson said:

Yes, that's the factory layout but a common mod is to swap the positions of the TRC button with the R/H heated seat button. Like so..

2.jpg

Just push the switches out from behind, disconnect the cable and re-fit them in the new location.

 

Great stuff. Might have a go at that. Is the panel fairly easy to remove?

5 hours ago, AdeIS200 said:

Yours is an auto rich and looks to have a different layout to a manual pictured above by JH. You have extra switches by the gear lever.

There's me assuming they're all autos!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
J Henderson    223

Yes, the panel comes out easily. Just grab it from underneath and give it a pull.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now