Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

TRC/SNOW Buttons

Owned my IS200 for a week now and loving it although it does like a bit of a drinky drinky!

Quick question, could someone tell me if the TRC/SNOW buttons should light up with the rest of the buttons when the lights are on? Mine don't.

Thanks.

I waited for it to get dark (and very wet!) and went outside to check; either we both have duff bulbs or no, they are not illuminated.

Looking into it a bit more, this spare is listed on ebay:

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.9d0882cca39c5c6edf7ca8ab636c13a6.jpg

I'm pretty sure the small circular bit is a bulb holder. Might be worth trying to (carefully!) prise it out. If it works out, I might try mine... :wink3:

Aha! Yep bulb is black so presume its blown. Looks to be pretty unique so doubt local motor factors can help here.

Toyota jobbie or eBay for a second hand switch I reckon.

J Henderson you speak to my inner OCD, I was thinking just that myself!

Thanks all.

I've never removed one from my Lex but the fitting appears to be similar to the ones in the switches in my RangeRover Classic so I would guess that they are a pretty common  item... Someone did tell me the name of the bulb. If I remember,I'll let you know

On 8/20/2017 at 2:59 PM, AdeIS200 said:

Owned my IS200 for a week now and loving it although it does like a bit of a drinky drinky!

Quick question, could someone tell me if the TRC/SNOW buttons should light up with the rest of the buttons when the lights are on? Mine don't.

Thanks.

On 8/20/2017 at 8:59 PM, gdh300 said:

I waited for it to get dark (and very wet!) and went outside to check; either we both have duff bulbs or no, they are not illuminated.

Looking into it a bit more, this spare is listed on ebay:

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.9d0882cca39c5c6edf7ca8ab636c13a6.jpg

I'm pretty sure the small circular bit is a bulb holder. Might be worth trying to (carefully!) prise it out. If it works out, I might try mine... :wink3:

On 8/20/2017 at 9:13 PM, J Henderson said:

It wasn't illuminated on my old IS200.

You could pull it out and trade positions with the r/h heated seat switch so it's in the middle for a nice symmetrical look.

I was away last week when I read this and I got a bit confused. Still am. This is the button layout in mine...

nRyAZmfl.jpg

PWR and SNOW buttons to the left of the gear lever and buttons for the heated seats and TRC OFF in front. Are they in different positions on yours? I understand what J Henderson is saying about symmetry but the TRC and SNOW buttons are quite separate??

Yes, that's the factory layout but a common mod is to swap the positions of the TRC button with the R/H heated seat button. Like so..

2.jpg

Just push the switches out from behind, disconnect the cable and re-fit them in the new location.

10 hours ago, J Henderson said:

Yes, that's the factory layout but a common mod is to swap the positions of the TRC button with the R/H heated seat button. Like so..

2.jpg

Just push the switches out from behind, disconnect the cable and re-fit them in the new location.

Great stuff. Might have a go at that. Is the panel fairly easy to remove?

5 hours ago, AdeIS200 said:

Yours is an auto rich and looks to have a different layout to a manual pictured above by JH. You have extra switches by the gear lever.

There's me assuming they're all autos!