Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Best polish?

Ala Larj

To be honest I haven't actually finished. Still got the roof and back bumper to do. Was planning on finishing it tomorrow. Should I bother or would I be better off sitting in the garden with a cold beer?

Very nice - the red is a lovely colour and suits the GS, especially with your interior choice

Ive resorted to using Sonax BSD or Carplan No1 super gloss on the RX - its too bloody big to wax as well as polish!

• Like 1

In my time I have been through many products and have more than the Misses has makeup!

Overall, Poorboys products are great, they are also good value. I polish my beast twice per year. Note polishes will remove minute quantities of the paint i.e. they are abrasive so you don't want to use them too often. Every other week it gets wax. Once per year it gets clayed. 

Products I use are:

• Poor boys World:
    • SSR1 - small swirl remover 1 - if you have swirls, I would recommend this.
    • Polish w/carnauba (blue) smells like bubble gum! You can use it in sun or shade, on bumpers and plastic it does leave residue and it goes on so easily
    • Natty's paste wax - blue
    • Black hole glaze
    • All put on using Maguires DA2 orbital polisher.
  • Also use Farecla G3 Super Gloss Paste Wax - bloody good stuff this is and cheap for what it is. ~£25. Autoglym HD wax is good but not in G3's league and it's pricey.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rayaans said:

Very nice - the red is a lovely colour and suits the GS, especially with your interior choice

Ive resorted to using Sonax BSD or Carplan No1 super gloss on the RX - its too bloody big to wax as well as polish!

Put some elbow grease into it!! Try polishing and waxing a Volvo XC90 by hand that hurts a tad. LOL

• Like 1

On 26/08/2017 at 7:30 PM, Ala Larj said:

To be honest I haven't actually finished. Still got the roof and back bumper to do. Was planning on finishing it tomorrow. Should I bother or would I be better off sitting in the garden with a cold beer?

Get the beer in and ask the 'bird' to complete it!! Although, if she gets the hump and uses a brillo pad you may be in a bit of trouble!!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, bagpus said:

Put some elbow grease into it!! Try polishing and waxing a Volvo XC90 by hand that hurts a tad. LOL

I do about a panel a month on ours.

I marvel at you guys who have the patience to undertake all these waxing and polishing tasks.

Though I like my car looking nice an shinning, I just don't have the skill, the last time I tried polishing a car was over 20 years ago even then I gave up halfway and had to be rescued by a pal.

sadly for someone like me I guess I have to pay the professionals to have something like this done. Respect to Ala Larj for his efforts on the red GS.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Fatts said:

I marvel at you guys who have the patience to undertake all these waxing and polishing tasks.

Though I like my car looking nice an shinning, I just don't have the skill, the last time I tried polishing a car was over 20 years ago even then I gave up halfway and had to be rescued by a pal.

sadly for someone like me I guess I have to pay the professionals to have something like this done. Respect to Ala Larj for his efforts on the red GS.

I'd rather be outside polishing the car than vacuuming or helping with the laundry!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rich1068 said:

I have a 9 year old, a 6 year old and a 4 year old at home. I find cleaning the car quite therapeutic. 

And coincidentally I intend to do just that tomorrow.

Wise man!

On 27/08/2017 at 8:38 PM, bagpus said:

Or a Land Rover discovery