Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Question 'Shahpor' I can see that your car is down as a 2008 year so does this mean that next year ( when the car will be 10 years old) the warranty will no longer be available as I recall there was a ten year old vehicle limitation?

paul m.

Yep, this is the last warranty my car will be eligible for.

Although, since I purchased the warranty this year, it will still be valid until July 2019, so the car will be 11 years old when the warranty expires.

It will also probably be over the 140,000 mile limit as well.

On 25/08/2017 at 10:48 AM, Shahpor said:

Yep, this is the last warranty my car will be eligible for.

Although, since I purchased the warranty this year, it will still be valid until July 2019, so the car will be 11 years old when the warranty expires.

It will also probably be over the 140,000 mile limit as well.

Thats not strictly true. Its worth getting into contact with your dealer regarding this because I know that they will put warranty on a car older than 10 years/140k miles if its been under warranty for a number of years already

5 hours ago, rayaans said:

Thats not strictly true. Its worth getting into contact with your dealer regarding this because I know that they will put warranty on a car older than 10 years/140k miles if its been under warranty for a number of years already

Really?  This is the first I have heard of this.

This is interesting since I have just seen this in the T&C's:

warranty.jpg.f449b36202fb967674dd6e9fadf7f983.jpg

Up until now I have just seen this as 10 years/140k miles, but now I see it says 'first' warranty?  That does imply that they will continue to cover it if you were inside the period when you first take it out.

Has anyone actually tried doing this?

1 hour ago, Shahpor said:

Really?  This is the first I have heard of this.

This is interesting since I have just seen this in the T&C's:

warranty.jpg.f449b36202fb967674dd6e9fadf7f983.jpg

Up until now I have just seen this as 10 years/140k miles, but now I see if says 'first' warranty?  That does imply that they will continue to cover it if you were inside the period when you first take it out.

Has anyone actually tried doing this?

Yes, I think there are some RX's under warranty from 2003-2007 and they do continue to warranty them as its good money for them.

10 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Yes, I think there are some RX's under warranty from 2003-2007 and they do continue to warranty them as its good money for them.

Money "for old rope" , as the wear and tear clause will assume greater significance ??

Regards

John

On ‎24‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 6:23 PM, Shahpor said:

So true John.  When I moved I lost access to a garage and driveway to work on my cars and now live in a 2nd story flat.  Otherwise, I am quite happy to have a go at the simpler jobs required to maintain my car.  Although my back might disagree with me. :smile:

Well, you can't argue with the fact that the warranty costs £100 more for the 220d as opposed to the 250.  No doubt there will be some people getting EGR valves and DPF's replaced who don't look after them properly.

Having said that, my last two warranty claims have been for 2 calipers and a seat frame, so not diesel specific.  I would love to know how much a seat frame and associated motors cost from a main dealer. :smile:

A friend of mine has just been quoted £6500 to replace the drivers seat in his IS-F, 2009 car with 40k miles, Lexus refuse to replace it under warranty.

• Like 1

That wouldn't be @Flytvr, would it? :smile:

£6500 is ridiculous, no matter how you look at it.  You could probably have someone hand weld a new one for less than that.

The ISF seat is probably more expensive then the standard IS one, but it is still no doubt going to be some silly amount.

Thanks for the info though, interesting to know.

• Like 1

Clause (c) could potentially catch a few claimants out I would have thought but depends if the actual garage are on top of these conditions being adhered to.

paul m.

It would seem as long as the wheels are from any Lexus, that's good enough.

My wheels aren't standard but they are Lexus wheels (off an IS-F) and I was offered the opportunity of buying the extended warranty when my car was last serviced.

(Of course they may have overlooked that fact in order for me to sign up....) :smile:

On 22/08/2017 at 1:11 PM, bobmc said:

Calipers are known issue but preventative maintenance will stop seizures, if the OP is happy to do brake maintenance during the service then they will likely not be a problem. 

Hopefully, @65K miles the spark plug change would have already been done? It's worth checking as it's a big service job.

Also make sure to do a condition check on the exhaust before you buy as this can be expensive to fix.

Spark plugs have been done.  How often are they meant to be done?

27 minutes ago, KenMavor said:

Spark plugs have been done.  How often are they meant to be done?

Apparently every 60k but many members here report of up to 100k with no issues with the plugs.

On 26/08/2017 at 4:40 PM, Mark G said:

A friend of mine has just been quoted £6500 to replace the drivers seat in his IS-F, 2009 car with 40k miles, Lexus refuse to replace it under warranty.

Depends on what was wrong with the seat?

On 24/08/2017 at 11:31 PM, Texas said:

Do you get Warranty or Not? Crystal Ball required on this topic I feel.

But I'm getting the feeling it's not the actual car ( like I mentioned previous the 250 is One of the most reliable cars out there for actual breakdowns, meaning unable to drive) but piece of mind for the owner as a precautionary measure somehow? So some people will lean to paying a ( let's face it, significant) fee for this and others ( ie Me) will not. 

Paul m.

I did not purchase the warranty from the sales garage but will be calling Lexus tomorrow to ask them to do their once over and then discuss their warranty.  Total over two years works out at £447 a year which is actually cheaper that the full years warranty from the sales garage.  The car is just under 10 years old so will be getting them to check it out asap.

Car is lovely to drive, but then all you guys knew that, and can shift it's boondocks when required.  Actually alarmingly so and hence will have to watch how I go.

A few little scratches here and there but nothing major.  Need to get a passenger wiper arm as the existing one has lost some of it's black finish.  Has a set of Lexus mats (how much new!!?); added a Bluetooth unit which plugs into AUX socket in arm rest and that works great.  Taken out the ash tray and cigarette light and and will stash keys in there and put in a USB charger instead of the lighter.  Have also installed a double USB charger in the arm rest socket.

IMG_20170828_145621.jpg

IMG_20170828_145606.jpg

IMG_20170828_145559.jpg

IMG_20170828_145548.jpg

IMG_20170828_145531.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So....another interesting dilemma.

There is not a Lexus dealer in Aberdeen.

It seems to be you go to the Toyota dealer to get all your work done.  There is absolutely no Lexus branding to differentiate the dealership.

That poses more questions than answers.

Will it actually be Lexus mechanics doing the work or upskilled Toyota ones?

Will I get a Toyota loan car when my Lexus is in?  There were no Lexus cars in the forecourt.  Went there today and asked how do I fill in the details for a Lexus warrnty and the lady at reception did not have a clue.

Mmmmmmm.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all.

Iam new to this forum and the Lexus brand as I have come from 3 Jaguar cars last was a XK.

Now this had a 6 month warranty when I purchased it in Jan this year and was not worth a cent rubbish warranty have had untold problems ceased brake calliper a not coved by warranty and after the warranty had alarm problems in the end called it quits and brought the Is 250.

Now have got a Lexus warranty as the car is 8 years old wih 29000 miles on it so hopping for some refined relaxing and no troubles well warranty should cover everything but wear and tear items we will see.

I will read the small print when I get the warranty document and then decide wether to upgrade to 3 years.:wink3:

65mike

On 9/9/2017 at 3:21 PM, KenMavor said:

So....another interesting dilemma.

There is not a Lexus dealer in Aberdeen.

It seems to be you go to the Toyota dealer to get all your work done.  There is absolutely no Lexus branding to differentiate the dealership.

That poses more questions than answers.

Will it actually be Lexus mechanics doing the work or upskilled Toyota ones?

Will I get a Toyota loan car when my Lexus is in?  There were no Lexus cars in the forecourt.  Went there today and asked how do I fill in the details for a Lexus warrnty and the lady at reception did not have a clue.

Mmmmmmm.

Ken,

What was the outcome of the telephone call you were going to make on 29 August to Lexus ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links