Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Intermittent brake noise

Hi Chris

I get slight brake squeal on braking in my IS200t but nothing whilst driving....I only have 7K on mine and really hope the sticky caliper Issue hasn't transgressed through the models.

2 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Without applying the brakes? That is normally the wear indicator doing their thing to let you know the pads are low. Or a sticking calliper.

yes without braking, mostly happend while coasting, cars done less than 9000 miles  and brake pad levels are fine

• 5 months later...

Hi Chris, 

I have the exact same issue. Just noticed on the car's history that the rear disk and break pads were replaced after just 33k and this seems a bit odd as the other owners haven't replaced them this fast, bought the car at 38k and noticed the brake noise, which was light then and though it will go away and left it as it was as it was cold outside so had windows closed with some music on and hoped it will go away,  the weather has changed and got worm and now the car has almost 52k and the noise is driving me crazy. The car is still under warranty and left it today at Lexus together with a video I made to prove them what is wrong with it, as the car didn't want to make any noise when I wanted to make the test with a technician... Obviously!

How did you fix it? 

Thank you! 

VID_20180128_115904_s01.mp4

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links