Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Had my car a couple of months now and been generally very impressed, I don't know why these cars are not more popular, a lot of car for £5,000 !

Anyway, the boot will not open using the button in the car or the latch on the boot itself (it will open with the key)

I have checked the switch in the glove box and I assume the fuse is ok as the fuel filler cap still works and according to the manual it is the same fuse.

Anyone got any ideas or come across this before?

I did take out the Lexus warranty, would this sort of thing be covered?

Many thanks..... 

48 minutes ago, ds001 said:

Had my car a couple of months now and been generally very impressed, I don't know why these cars are not more popular, a lot of car for £5,000 !

Anyway, the boot will not open using the button in the car or the latch on the boot itself (it will open with the key)

I have checked the switch in the glove box and I assume the fuse is ok as the fuel filler cap still works and according to the manual it is the same fuse.

Anyone got any ideas or come across this before?

I did take out the Lexus warranty, would this sort of thing be covered?

Many thanks..... 

Hi Andrew,

Welcome to the club.I am sure that given time you will be more than  generally impressed with the GS 450h.

I would argue very strongly that the defect should be covered by the Lexus Warranty.Be firm, but polite with the local Lexus Dealer.

Let us know how you get on.

Regards

John

I don't think there is any argument to be had. Clearly under warranty.

There is a known problem on US/LHD vehicles with a wiring junction box that causes this issue, most probably applied to UK vehicles too. Or the motor could have failed.

Thanks for the responses, goes in for a service in a couple of weeks so will ask them to take a look.

Fortunately it has failed after the initial 28 day no claim clause in the warranty.

Be Wary of servicing at Lexus mate.

I bought my 4th(?) hand GS450h a couple of years ago and immediately put it in for a small service at Lexus Bolton. They tried to bluff me that i needed to change all 4 discs and pads adding over a grand onto a already large bill.

I told them where to go and went back to the garage where i bought it and complained as it had undergone a '200 point check' prior to me buying. They should not, I pointed out, have allowed me to drive away in an unsafe car.

I couldn't trust either garage so took it to Nick down the road. A small trustworthy garage run by Nick... of course.. :-)

Put it up on the ramps, we had a look and there was nothing wrong with the discs or pads.

So be wary ds001 with Lexus once they get their hands on your car. Do not trust them if they say there is work to be done.

Reference the boot. Have you read through all the hand book? I keep it in the map pocket and read it when the wife is shopping. There is SO MUCH that you can adjust by holding in a button here and there. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the warning Julian, I wouldn't usually use a main dealer for servicing given a choice as I usually use someone I know and trust but it stipulates it must be serviced by Lexus in the Warranty, £275 for a small service doesn't seem to bad in any case.  Hopefully they wont find anything else, the brakes look new so there can't me much else that wouldn't be covered by the Warranty.  Maybe the exhaust as that seems to need replacing on these cars after 8-10 years.

Ill never visit my dealer again following worst treatment I've ever had. Cost them major service and abs pump (expensive) replacement, but hey, what can you do.

If it must be them, check local opinions. If poor, take a day and drive to another dealer with better feels out there.

If any say you should.... it means you don't have to. Just say thanks, I'll have to wait till next payday, will give you a buzz and off you go.