Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

03 ls430 timing belt kit info needed

need info for timing kit, for a ls430 03 model, anyone with kit names/numbers/suppliers 

anyone used GATES TCKWP298 from rockauto? are the US engines any different from our spec? seems a good kit and cheap!

any info would be great :)

I got a timing belt kit from eBay seller a2zmotorspares last may complete with water pump and tensioners etc.........I just checked and they got 'em in for the LS 430, all the parts that came with mine were correct fit and I am 100% satisfied.

See link

http://ebay.eu/2in28o9

• Like 1

I used the Gates' kit for my Mk4 from Rockauto and am very happy.

Spec is same for U.K. Unless someone tells me different!

You might want to take the opportunity of replacing any other worn pulleys from the auxiliary belt set up whilst you're at it. Even at 70k miles they might be getting tired.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, hooterthehatter said:

thanks for advice :) think I will order from rockauto seems best prices around

Someone posted on another post I was posting on at the time, they had brought one in from rocko, he was saying about it being low price, but, the price 'including customs duty & VAT' made it 10 quid cheaper than mine, folks seem to forget about 'customs duty' or maybe know about it, you can contact customs & excise & find out what it is on that particular product before hand.

The above said, Gates seems to be the most favored belt

1 hour ago, Tinonline said:

When I shopped tax etc was added and I couldn't find anything close in the uk.

i was further lucky as there was an offer on and it made it silly cheap. Kit was £160 all in. 

Did that include water pump & tensioners etc, if so it was very cheap, much cheaper than anything I've seen here...makes me wonder that now the LS400 is more or less a rare car do traders just want rid of old stock when they can get a sale, from a traders point of view that economic logic makes sence

• 1 month later...

just to update you all, I decided to buy from uk to save time, kit arrived in 48 hours cost £246 postage included, bought from ebay 

from rock auto kit with extra alternator belt and gaskets would have saved me around £30 after import tax and shipping but I just wanted it done as soon as, didn't want to wait weeks for shipping and delays in customs :(

KIT CONTAINS:

1) TIMING BELT
2) TIMING TENSIONER
3) TIMING HYDRAULIC TYPE TENSIONER
4) TIMING BELT IDLER

5) WATER PUMP
6) WATER PUMP GASKET
7) ALTERNATOR BELT

belt is GATES brand and rest of parts are Herth and Buss

my mechanic who fitted it said the parts where decent quality and fitted without any hassle, he only works on "larger engines" its his specialty and is well known in Ireland for his good work rebuilding engines of performance cars. time to complete was about 4 hours and cost £100

car does not feel any different as expected, but the peace of mind was worth every penny, will do the same again when it hits around 270k as I know belt was not changed since it turned 80k and it has 170k now, so will be a few years!

kit was from a2zmotorspares cheers dendonc for info :)

Excellent, Im as happy as pig in 'that place' with mine, they are a good deal....

26 minutes ago, hooterthehatter said:

but the peace of mind

Yea, me to.......just like a 'pig in 'that place' :rolleyes:

50 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

A2Z autospares is that the same company selling the suspected chinese UCAs with the ball joint rubbers that split in months?

I don't know & have never heard anything about the above, can you give more info >especially< a/the verifiable, reliable source along with some documented, verifiable cases?

As a personal comment, I would expect the vast majority of car accessories or pats for them are made in China these days, however, the notion that because they are chinese made they are all crap is sheer commercial propoganda......................anyone remember when they shoving out the exact  same buckets full of crap about 'rubbish' japanese cars  and other japanese made products................. 1950's, 1960's, 1970,s prolific propaganda....by around the 1980's the european competitors had started loosing out big time to japan

So Steve, what quality evidence do you have?

1 hour ago, steve2006 said:

the suspected chinese UCAs with the ball joint rubbers that split in months?

Anyone fitting such items as above or any other parts which are not the original genuine Lexus parts should not expect such products to have anything even approaching the quality &  resilience that the original Lexus products have

11 hours ago, steve2006 said:

A2Z autospares is that the same company selling the suspected chinese UCAs with the ball joint rubbers that split in months?

Just so there is no confusion about their cambelts resulting from the above post, the paste below is what I posted on here last April when I changed my cambelt & water pump etc kit from A2Z, see past below from last April:

Dendonc paste from April 2016,

By the way, I said I thought they were german, they are in fact a Japanese & korean firm based in Germany

http://www.herthundbuss.com/en/company/company-profile.html

21 hours ago, dendonc said:

same buckets full of crap about 'rubbish' japanese cars 

yip jap cars who would ever buy one ;)

my 01 rx300 I had to replace handbrake cable, original one broke a few months back! my mechanic was shocked it only lasted 16yrs!

I could always go back to land rover again if I want to start having problems on a weekly basis! how I miss my rangie! NOT

• Like 1

There was  topic on here some time ago which if I remember correctly involved several members who may have purchased UCAs from this or a very similar sounding company and discovered defects with the product a short time later, the main concern was the rubber ball joint boots splitting and falling apart.

I agree that non OEM parts may not have the lifespan of genuine Lexus spares but there is a vast difference between years of reliable service and months.

I have not specifically stated that this company sold these items it was in fact put as a question merely asking if any other members remember the UCAs in question.