Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New CT!

Ian J. Parsley

At great risk of going counter to one prominent forum member here, my wife has opted to go ahead and upgrade her 2016 CT Advance (20,500 miles) to a 2017 CT Sport Plus. Including servicing, this works out at the same monthly payment more or less, with a down payment of not much more than the amount she was about to have to spend on new tyres anyway. 

I would commend Lexus on being absolutely open that the deal was available because of the forthcoming facelift. My wife isn't really a car person, it is fair to say, so wasn't frankly much interested in that - even upon detailed analysis thanks to this forum!

The Sport Plus variant adds half-leather, a sunroof and a reverse camera to the 2016 Advance spec.

Pictures to follow upon delivery next week!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Ian J. Parsley said:

At great risk of going counter to one prominent forum member here, my wife has opted to go ahead and upgrade her 2016 CT Advance (20,500 miles) to a 2017 CT Sport Plus. Including servicing, this works out at the same monthly payment more or less, with a down payment of not much more than the amount she was about to have to spend on new tyres anyway. 

I would commend Lexus on being absolutely open that the deal was available because of the forthcoming facelift. My wife isn't really a car person, it is fair to say, so wasn't frankly much interested in that - even upon detailed analysis thanks to this forum!

The Sport Plus variant adds half-leather, a sunroof and a reverse camera to the 2016 Advance spec.

Pictures to follow upon delivery next week!

Interesting.  The deal itself sounds great and there's no harm done if the payments are pretty much the same despite the tax rates going up since 2014

If she's not a car person, then it doesn't really matter what you opt for. Some people buy cars just on looks, others based primarily on fuel economy and tax rates and some on all round prowessm

Yes, to be frank she was very taken by the sport trim (I must admit I am less so, but each to their own). And she's wanted black ever since I no longer had it!

Out of interest the offer includes metallic paint as that is part of the Sport Plus trim package anyway. Essentially it combines Advance and Sport. 

The dealer again was quite open that they have each been offered cars to sell in certain colours (i.e. these have already been shipped) so there is very little lead-in time before delivery. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I got one of those already configured ones, arrived Yesterday.

Will say though, the reverse camera is on the Exec edition. They offered me the sport too but for 3k extra it was sunroof and sport kit, couldnt justify it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been driving a CT Sport Plus all week while my RX is in the body shop (sigh).

Sonic Titanium with the black roof/mirror caps/wheels. It does look the biz, and I like the Sonic T more and more and the way the colour changes under different light. The car also has sunroof and reversing camera wit the basic satnav that works well enough. Took a while to get to grips with the tuning of the DAB radio though (I am the second person to drive the car I believe!)  I like the fact that you can change the satnav graphics from the colour scheme we all love to hate to a different colour scheme called... wait for it... Modern!

I still really like the car, especially its go-kart ability and the seats that are very comfortable. I do not mind the firm suspension, but I must say that the road noise is tiring after a while.

Ian... I am pretty sure the seats are not real leather, but what Lexus call Tahara. Still very nice, soft, and comfy though.

Hasn't quite got the right interior mats yet, but it's finally here!

It did take almost a full month from date of offer and nearly three weeks from date of agreement, as they managed to send the wrong set of cars over the Irish Sea. 

Anyway, there it is - the outgoing Mark II CT in the Sport Plus trim (thus sunroof, beepers, reverse camera and half-tahara/leather on the all-sport outline including black alloys and front grille). The sunroof is nice - makes the whole car feel airier. 

IMG_1186.PNG

• Like 1