Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Luxury or not

New to the forum. Considering moving from BMW e60 5 series to a lexus IS300h. Currently looking for a 2014 IS300h Luxury model to import from UK. A lot of dealers are mislabeling these. What is an easy way to tell if a is300h is a full luxury or not? I've seen a few "luxury's" with partial leather manual seats...

I think the full electric seats were still an option on the Luxury spec. 

I think the give away is the switches near the gear stick for heated seats. If there are just 2 large buttons then the seats are heated but manual movement. If there are 4 smaller buttons they are heated & cooled and also have electric movement. 

The premier spec has the full electric as standard. 

It is a tricky one because the exact list varies from year, so the website won't quite be bang on (in fact I think I am right in saying there is no "luxury" any more?)

Easiest way to check is on here - I had one! So feel free to ask.

Thanks for the responses, especially the brochure. It seems I should be looking for Premier, not luxury. There is a fully loaded Luxury up in Louth so that threw me off. 

Edit: double checked and it’s actually a premier in Louth. 

Edited by TBi
Clarification

i have the luxury model it had the premium nav & rear view camera ,leather seats ,heated ,ventillated and electrically adjustable on 17" wheels

the dealer told me for the seats and nav to be upgraded cost in the region of £6000 when the car was new sept 2013.

Ooh, £6000 strikes me as a bit high. 

I believe the list price for the Premium Nav was £1995 and I didn't honestly recall that leather seats (which I had) weren't standard. 

Luxury was indeed the grade below the top ranking Premier which, it seems, is what is being sought here. 

this is what lexus stoke told me before i purchased the car

if you look at the chart in pobrown's comment you will see

the leather,heated ,ventillated and electrically adjustable where options

on the luxury trim

I've got a 2014 Luxury I bought pre-registered (3 months old with 25 miles on the clock). It has the premium nav and electric leather seats and from memory the list price new with the extras was about £36k but the price of a Luxury without extras was about £32k (which is what I actually paid).

I think it was about £1k to add navigation, £2k for premium nav, £1k for leather manual seats or £2k for electric leather. There were also some time limited offers where they threw in nav or leather for free.