Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Flasher, Pin Type Identity

Does anyone know if the picci in the link is of the same type flasher for the LS 400, it says its the right one but I want to be sure before my auto leci starts work on ity only to find its the wrong fitting/type, thanks

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=2414816&cc=1187502&jsn=10

I can't give you an answer because I don't have an LS400 so I don't know what's in there. My only observation is that 'Rock Auto' are in the USA aren't they, so why go there? Why not try somewhere closer to home?

I live a couple of miles from these guys in Preston, Lancashire and I'm sure they'll be able to sort it. They are very helpful so if you can't find what you're looking for on your own, just give them a ring and they'll be more than happy to help.

'I called the preston guys but he says he would have to see it, I've also been in touch with lexus here (london) but so far they have not got back to me, yes rocko is in US & they state that their products are for cars made for US & CA markets, they wouldn't know if its the right one for here, maybe/maybe not, thanks anyway

Well thats sorted out, Lexus edgware rd got back, it's £58:64 & will be here by next Wed, rather trust Lexus to get the right one than take a chance.......hmmm, it's my diagnosis based on what was written about flashers at rockoautos than a auto leci diagnosis....pretty simple symptons, the lights for the indicators & hazards will light up but they will not flash now, it did start as intermittent/occasional......very pricey though compared to rockoauto

13 minutes ago, sorcerer said:

If it does turn out to be the same as the one Ribblesdale are selling for £8.87 I'd be inclined to tell Lexus to send theirs back.

Yes I would do that but that means I would have to go to up preston to let him look at it, even if they look the same they may not be exactly the same, the guy at preston was adamant that he would have to look at it first, even then it might not give 'all' the electrical specs on the outside, Ribblesdale gave all the signs of a reputable company.........I used to live near preston but that was when I had all my own teeth

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sorcerer said:

Wow, that is pricey!

If it does turn out to be the same as the one Ribblesdale are selling for £8.87 I'd be inclined to tell Lexus to send theirs back.

The Lexus franchises have a no return policy,when you order it you own it.

1 hour ago, ambermarine said:

Be just me if it was a different problem, I picked up the info on Rocko site under flashers, but, the fact it's just the hazards & indicators that what the symptons are for the flasher being up the spout......if you click "info" on rockauto's site thats the info it gives, see link. 

This must be very old stock Lexus just wants rid of along with a fair bit of "customer satisfaion"........(the later being 'theoretical' currently)

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/lexus,1995,ls400,4.0l+v8,1187502,electrical,flasher,10139

3 hours ago, ambermarine said:

They aren't daft are they eh?

Denis - I'm a bit busy at the moment (getting the house ready for guests staying this weekend) but Youtube is always my first port of call for diagnostics 'how to' information if I don't exactly know what I'm doing. It may just be worth your while having a look at one or two if you've got the time and the inclination:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=diagnosing+flasher+problems

10 hours ago, sorcerer said:

but Youtube is always my first port of call for diagnostics 'how to' information if I don't exactly know what I'm doing.

I checked it out but non-the wiser, no '95LS's and the others seemed a bit 'rambly' if it's a simple case of 'take one out and put the new one in' (again Rockoauto's description)...thanks for that anyway.

• Like 1