Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

13906 cassette problem.

First little niggle.

I do like cassettes and thought I'd try the cassette player in my factory 13906 headunit but after playing for maybe 10 seconds it ejects. I can push it back in, the mechanism takes the cassette, clicks and whirs for a bit, plays 10 seconds again and then ejects again. Any thoughts? I've a feeling that it's a very long time since the cassette player was used, if ever. Think one of those old skool cleaning cassettes would do anything? If it would stay loaded?

And I'm fully aware the majority of you will wonder why I'm bothering but as I said, I just like cassettes. I also need the player to be working when I get delivery of this. I also have a bit of a soft spot for MD too but that's another story and another eBay purchase :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

Richard and his one man thread here.

I've found an audio installer local to me who's quite happy to service the tape deck for me. I'm going to remove the unit and drop it off with him. Cassettes FTW!

• 2 weeks later...

Can't really comment on the tape cassette function as I have never used mine, but these units are notorious for showing up faults (Error 1) on CD playback. I assume you have no problems playing CDs? My unit plays original CDs fine but malfunctions on playing back "burnt CDs." Let us know how you get on.