Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RCF Spare Wheel

or you could just join the AA or RAC, i got a puncher and within 25 mins they had done a temporary repair ( max speed 50mph and no more than 100 miles ).

ok yes if your side wall is ripped or you have a massive hole then this is not the answer.

but how often is this or even a puncher going to happen, i must just be lucky this was the first puncher i have had for 8 years.

I am in the AA, courtesy of Lexus.

I happen to feel more comfortable with a spare than without one. I think that most people, given the option, would elect to have a spare wheel.

The LC500 comes with run flat tyres, I believe. Don't get me started on these. I had a BMW 6 Series Grand Coupe where the advertised 100miles range at low speed after a flat, translated to 2 miles and a flat bed recovery!

• 1 month later...

Really I don't think that many people, including me, are delighted with the spare wheel intruding into the boot so here is my “Mark 2” spare wheel for the RCF.

I claim no credit for the idea which is down to our friend Trevor Ruda of Canada who came up with the idea of using an Audi 19” skinny tyre. Actually this is pretty much the only skinny tyre which is available in 19” diameter, certainly in the UK. There are always lots for sale on eBay.

The advantages of using this wheel are obvious. The flat boot floor is retained, with both the hard plastic tool holder and the carpet on top. Just as it should be.

I have had a wheel adapter custom made which is hub centric with the car and wheel centric with the wheel. The adapter is 30mm thick which ensures clearance of the Lexus wheel studs and of the brembo calipers. The wheel ends up in about the same position as the regular Lexus wheel when used on the front and a bit further back when used at the rear.

In use it feels just as strange as any emergency skinny tyre.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was a cnc drawing done for the adaptor? Seems a shame to waste it. They could turn out a batch for use. 1 set up cost.

Good skills :)

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

• 5 years later...

45 minutes ago, Steve Lincs said:

I'm not comfortable with no spare wheel - had a foam filling kit thing on my GT86 and it simply did not work. having trouble finding a space saver for my RC 300h. any ideas please?

Just to be clear - glue has never worked for anyone, I don't even know they they include it with the car, because it never works. I guess for slow puncture maybe, but for slow puncture just get the tyre plugged for £5, no need to put the glue and ruin the tyre as once the foam is used tyre needs replacing. 

In UK I believe only RC200t, GS250 had spare wheel of correct size, so you can try sourcing one from these 2 as they would be right size for RC300h. This how it should look:

Picture 1 of 5

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265907341797

Other alternative is getting full size wheel, not ideal, but better than no spare:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255638561288

Worst case scenario - you can use any normal Lexus spare wheel, RC300h has tiny callipers so there should be no clearance issues, any spare is better than no spare, but obviously the size may not be right for 19", I think normal spares are ~17". 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links