Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Parcel shelf

SLACKBLADDER

@SLACKBLADDER If it is just minor damage to the parcel tray itself, access appears to be possible by removing the crosshead screws underneath it when it is raised in the vertical position part way through the roof opening sequence. Of course if the roof isn't opening that might make it difficult to access.

If replacement of the parcel tray and the side pieces that rotate in the opening process is required, then that does look quite a complex task and may require an extra pair of hands. I've seen these listed for sale as a complete unit. I've never taken one apart but it looks like it needs to be unbolted on the left and right after disconnecting the electrical connections and the mechanisms that move them. I can't tell for sure as I can't find a graphic that shows all of the relevant parts but I think all of the trim between it and the headrests will need to be removed. If that's the case, there are a few pictures in my thread in the build section that might help.